• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rhino

Dec 6, 2008
    Mount Airy
    So last night I was looking through the manual for my new M&P 15-22, and came upon a section that described the disassembly of the magazine for cleaning and maintenance purposes. I noticed that the floor plate of the mag appears to be glued on. I assume this has to due with the fact that it is pinned to only accept 20 rounds. Well this morning at work (in Virginia) I proceeded to remove the glue to allow me the ability to clean the magazine, as I am a big proponent of maintaining my firearms in a safe condition. I then proceeded to reassemble the magazine as shown in the owner's manual. :innocent0 I have looked through COMAR quite extensively and do not see any reason I can't return home this afternoon with my magazine ... right?

D3V1L

Dec 26, 2012
    Elkridge
    So last night I was looking through the manual for my new M&P 15-22, and came upon a section that described the disassembly of the magazine for cleaning and maintenance purposes. I noticed that the floor plate of the mag appears to be glued on. I assume this has to due with the fact that it is pinned to only accept 20 rounds. Well this morning at work (in Virginia) I proceeded to remove the glue to allow me the ability to clean the magazine, as I am a big proponent of maintaining my firearms in a safe condition. I then proceeded to reassemble the magazine as shown in the owner's manual. :innocent0 I have looked through COMAR quite extensively and do not see any reason I can't return home this afternoon with my magazine ... right?

Correct, as long as all work on the magazine is done out of state and only possessed by you you can clean out the dirty pin so your magazine will fully function the way it was intended to in its stock configuration. Once back in md you cannot transfer/sell it but you may keep it.

Pmbspyder

Platinum Member
    Apr 12, 2012

There is no glue and there are no oem 20rnd mags for the 15-22. I'm assuming your ffl may have done these mods to the mag? Either way, if it's a 20rnd mag you don't have to worry about anything in MD (until oct 1 of course)

ducrider45

Jul 29, 2011
    Severn
    The two halves of the mag are glued together. I performed a similar procedure on my stock 10rd mag while in WV. I used CA Glue (krazy glue) to put it all back together. It has worked well for the last 6 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom