Classic just got a batch of Mosin 91/30's for $99!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    I just picked up my Mosin from Classic this morning at Sure Shot (yes...this morning...thanks Joe).

I'm really happy with the purchase. I paid the $10 extra for hand-select and the rifle is in great shape with one scuff on the right sight of the stock which you can see in the pictures. Everything looks forced-match, and the barrel is clean with strong and bright rifling.

As you can see, the rifle appears to be a DDR:
    IMAG0103.jpg

IMAG0104.jpg

IMAG0105.jpg

IMAG0106.jpg

IMAG0107.jpg

IMAG0108.jpg

Now, as you could probably see in the earlier pictures, there is something ground off the right side of the receiver which I've magnified below. Can anyone else make out the "e?" Any ideas?

IMAG0109.jpg

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    The lesson I'm learning with C&R is to buy between Nov and Dec and sell in the summer. These deals are killing me.

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    Ive read on one forum they thought it was a refurb mark but only because the word for repair or refurb in russian starts with "P" Two other guys mentioned that they had P60 on their guns and both were Ex Sniper Tulas.
    I think that was from mosinnagant.net or something.

This one isnt a tula but is it an ex sniper? Does it have the holes filled in on the left side of the receiver? (pull bolt back and look inside on left wall of receiver for two circles) Maybe its sniper related, though I have 2 Izzys, one sniper and one ex and neither have that mark.

Since its a DDR gun, maybe there is a connection to that, Could it have been something put there by the Germans?

C-Par

Nov 6, 2011
    Brooklyn, MD
    WOW, I'm out of town so I won't get to see my package till I get back.

I didn't hand select but seems like people are getting good finds.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    Ive read on one forum they thought it was a refurb mark but only because the word for repair or refurb in russian starts with "P" Two other guys mentioned that they had P60 on their guns and both were Ex Sniper Tulas.
    I think that was from mosinnagant.net or something.

This one isnt a tula but is it an ex sniper? Does it have the holes filled in on the left side of the receiver? (pull bolt back and look inside on left wall of receiver for two circles) Maybe its sniper related, though I have 2 Izzys, one sniper and one ex and neither have that mark.

Since its a DDR gun, maybe there is a connection to that, Could it have been something put there by the Germans?

I did give it a quick look for evidence of it being a sniper...if so, they did a great job cleaning it up. I'm not an expert, but I didn't see any evidence.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I did give it a quick look for evidence of it being a sniper...if so, they did a great job cleaning it up. I'm not an expert, but I didn't see any evidence.

Should be a pretty obvious scope number on the left receiver near the bolt and some welds (filling in scope holes) visible on the left inside receiver wall when the bolt is open.

psoyring

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2010
    Brunswick MD
    If the rifle was an ex-sniper and Izhevsk, you would see a scope number on the left side of the barrel shank and plugged holes when the bolt was removed on the left side of the receiver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom