• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I think the reason we (pro 2A) can't get along is that we all have differing levels of commitment to the cause. We have Fudds who think that their hunting rifles and shotguns are protected. Then we have other's who think that we all should have Sherman tanks and rocket launchers. We have some who are willing to give a little and we have others who won't give up anything else.

Then we have THEM (anti 2a) who feel that all firearms are bad, really bad and should be removed from the face of the earth. Then you have others who think that only ASSAULT RIFLES (whatever that means) should be banned.

The difference between THEM and US is that THEY have one goal, to removes firearms from our midst. OUR goal is so segmented it can't stand as ONE voice like THEY do. That's where the problem lies. It's easy for THEM to be unified. Banning firearms is their goal, it's easy to say. On our side we have SO MANY passions and it would seem that many are not willing to see the forest for the trees. Until we ALL understand, THEY are coming for it all. They like to segment OUR side. It's easier for THEM to pick us off one group at a time.

Fudds are starting to realize that even their firearms aren't safe. Some of them have seen the light. However there are those who are willing to give a little thinking that will be enough for THEM. We've learned that doesn't work. We are a reactionary species. When things go bad we want to make it better. We had a madman use bump stocks to kill many people. So we feel it's only right to ban those items. But if we did that with every item used to kill, we wouldn't have knives, baseball bats, vans, fertilizer, and any number of other items.

Our side has to realize that our liberties are under attack. Not by an army, but by our fellow citizens. We need to be as partisan as possible. Forget your own cause. The only cause that's going to matter is an unadulterated support of any and all strategies. Forget about your side of the story. Forget about believing that THEY will stop after bump stocks. Forget about thinking that your hunting rifles and shotguns are safe.

THEY have one message, we need to gather under ONE MESSAGE. Until we do, we are going to keep losing our liberties one bite at a time. There is no more room for me to have any negotiations. There is no more room for me to think we can reason with THEM. Do whatever you can do to support OUR cause. Because if you don't, we will lose this battle. Civility is meant for negotiations and meetings. I believe we are far past that point. Civility hasn't worked for OUR side and THEY have never been civil. They have gotten more than we have in the past. That has to stop NOW.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I would have asked for very rare with salt and garlic- but I wasn't invited.

Tell me you’ve tried Janes? If not I’ll drop off a bottle tonight. They actually sell it at Fresh Market for an exceptional price. I put it on everything.

Attachments

• 0A7E0F5B-53EB-4F9C-BE64-6C8519B73E6B.jpeg
      0A7E0F5B-53EB-4F9C-BE64-6C8519B73E6B.jpeg
      46.7 KB · Views: 247

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I think the reason we (pro 2A) can't get along is that we all have differing levels of commitment to the cause. We have Fudds who think that their hunting rifles and shotguns are protected. Then we have other's who think that we all should have Sherman tanks and rocket launchers. We have some who are willing to give a little and we have others who won't give up anything else.

Then we have THEM (anti 2a) who feel that all firearms are bad, really bad and should be removed from the face of the earth. Then you have others who think that only ASSAULT RIFLES (whatever that means) should be banned.

The difference between THEM and US is that THEY have one goal, to removes firearms from our midst. OUR goal is so segmented it can't stand as ONE voice like THEY do. That's where the problem lies. It's easy for THEM to be unified. Banning firearms is their goal, it's easy to say. On our side we have SO MANY passions and it would seem that many are not willing to see the forest for the trees. Until we ALL understand, THEY are coming for it all. They like to segment OUR side. It's easier for THEM to pick us off one group at a time.

Fudds are starting to realize that even their firearms aren't safe. Some of them have seen the light. However there are those who are willing to give a little thinking that will be enough for THEM. We've learned that doesn't work. We are a reactionary species. When things go bad we want to make it better. We had a madman use bump stocks to kill many people. So we feel it's only right to ban those items. But if we did that with every item used to kill, we wouldn't have knives, baseball bats, vans, fertilizer, and any number of other items.

Our side has to realize that our liberties are under attack. Not by an army, but by our fellow citizens. We need to be as partisan as possible. Forget your own cause. The only cause that's going to matter is an unadulterated support of any and all strategies. Forget about your side of the story. Forget about believing that THEY will stop after bump stocks. Forget about thinking that your hunting rifles and shotguns are safe.

THEY have one message, we need to gather under ONE MESSAGE. Until we do, we are going to keep losing our liberties one bite at a time. There is no more room for me to have any negotiations. There is no more room for me to think we can reason with THEM. Do whatever you can do to support OUR cause. Because if you don't, we will lose this battle. Civility is meant for negotiations and meetings. I believe we are far past that point. Civility hasn't worked for OUR side and THEY have never been civil. They have gotten more than we have in the past. That has to stop NOW.

I think the issue is that we allow them to create the narrative and we react/respond to it. The message needs to be created and controlled from our side. Let’s talk about the mental health care system and the criminal justice system and the other real issues that exist. Let’s come up with solutions and let them shoot them down in order to show that they have no interest in solutions.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I think the issue is that we allow them to create the narrative and we react/respond to it. The message needs to be created and controlled from our side. Let’s talk about the mental health care system and the criminal justice system and the other real issues that exist. Let’s come up with solutions and let them shoot them down in order to show that they have no interest in solutions.

Bam.... this is exactly what needs to happen. :thumbsup:

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo

See the crux of my argument in https://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=5539754&postcount=43

Exactly what I said. Give them pre-crafted legislation that sets the narrative from our side, and then rub their noses in it when they don't move on it.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    I would like to have three rocket launchers, one tank for commuting, one tank for the weekend, and plenty of ammo for them. I have a natural right to these if I could find, afford, and safely maintain such. I could be civil when driving my tanks. I could be civil when talking to others about my tanks. I could even be civil with those who would try to take away my tanks and rocket launchers with laws. Now, if you replace tanks and rocket launchers in this post with handguns and long guns, my approach to civility and natural rights does not change. But, I would then add that I would still like to have three rocket launchers, one tank for commuting, one tank for the weekend, and plenty of ammo for them. That is the recipe for polite society!

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA

There is a FLAW in your LOGIC.

The modern Fudds (aka sports men/women) support the 2A whole heartedly.

They like to hunt with semi automatic firearms (aka modern sporting arms), detachable magazines, night vision, lasers, and suppressors also.

The main driver behind this is Hog and Coyote hunting. The months of October through March affords furbearers to hunt coyotes here in Maryland at night time.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Makes me wonder how some folks here make it out in the real world with these hard drawn lines. I can assure you it does NOT work in the business world, rarely works well in regular social situations either.
    I wonder too. You'd be AWFULLY closed off from society if you shunned every person you had a slight disagreement with, especially here in MD. Borderline hermit status. That is not a healthy environment to put yourself in. Being principled is one thing...shunning most of society is unhealthy. I know that I've lost more than a few friends because I stick to my principles pretty closely, but if I avoided social situations because someone I didn't agree with was going to be there, I'd never be able to leave the house.

With regards to the original intent of this thread, is it crazy to say that BOTH sides are correct? You do catch more flies with honey, and sometimes you just need to throw vinegar in someone's eye. The hard part is identifying the line between the two.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD

I agree.

I didn't have it for this legislative session, but I will by next year. (And it's not to early to start asking about Tommy Jones now.)

Who? Tommy. Who was found with a gun after each of multiple arrests but never prosecuted for any gun charge. Who was sentenced to three month s for a violent assault, as his third felony.

Yeah. We may have a problem with guns, but it ain't me. It's Tommy.

I need to identify this guy.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg

Excellent post!

Yep...and

See the crux of my argument in https://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=5539754&postcount=43

Exactly what I said. Give them pre-crafted legislation that sets the narrative from our side, and then rub their noses in it when they don't move on it.

Yep...

This was why in the previous 2 sessions, when our side had the numbers to do it, I tried to push so hard for them to petition certain bills out of committee and force exposing their votes. The only thing they exposed was their cowardice.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I wonder too. You'd be AWFULLY closed off from society if you shunned every person you had a slight disagreement with, especially here in MD. Borderline hermit status. That is not a healthy environment to put yourself in. Being principled is one thing...shunning most of society is unhealthy. I know that I've lost more than a few friends because I stick to my principles pretty closely, but if I avoided social situations because someone I didn't agree with was going to be there, I'd never be able to leave the house.

With regards to the original intent of this thread, is it crazy to say that BOTH sides are correct? You do catch more flies with honey, and sometimes you just need to throw vinegar in someone's eye. The hard part is identifying the line between the two.

Funny you should write that. I do actually live exactly like that. I do run work but if you work for me and I find out your anti or a sjw you’re fired. You sub from me and I find out you have a choice, stfu and work in silence or I get your contract yanked.

My whole life I have had someone to “ handle “ me. St first it was my mother then my wife and now a combo of my son my wife and my boss. They make all the arrangements and almost always one is with me when I go to social situations. They arranged, beforehand where I go and who will Be there because I can not stand anti’s, sjw’s, above average not wits and people who I think are overly rude on purpose.

So my life consists of sleeping, working, almost all my spare time at the farm with a very select few people and an occasional social interaction that is sterilized as much as possible by one of those three people.

Personally I enjoy living this way, it keeps my blood pressure down a lot.

Of course sometimes I end up in a room or place with the wrong persons and to me it makes for great entertainment but according to my wife most others don’t find it entertaining

Life’s to short to spend on second extra with antis, leftists, sjw’s or rude people, do I don’t waste my time on them

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

I always hit mental healthcare. I can tell you that getting adequate care for psych disease is a nightmare in MD, unless you have the money to pay out of pocket. MDA had that Hopkins shrink who extolled the virtues of psychiatric care, and also said that having guns around increased the risk of successful suicide. Well, we have very limited access to good psychiatric care and suicide rates do not change with limited access to guns. He's wrong.

As for criminal justice, the MDGA declined to pass an amendment that made it a felony to steal a gun, but were fine with it being a crime for Uncle Jesse to give the Duke boys their first shotguns. That is what we are up against.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    In regards to civility and disagreement. I love a good disagreement and opposing viewpoints with a good mix of emotion and logic. There are plenty of people on this forum that I don’t always agree with but would gladly break bread with them.

What I cant stand is a person that constantly undermines and plays the devils advocate just for the sake of causing arguments. There are people out there that are so hungry for any type of acknowledgement that they will take any attention they can get, even negative. This is someone that I have no interest engaging in any type of conversation with, whether mundane or about real issues.

This isn’t directed at anyone in particular, just generally speaking.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Funny you should write that. I do actually live exactly like that. I do run work but if you work for me and I find out your anti or a sjw you’re fired. You sub from me and I find out you have a choice, stfu and work in silence or I get your contract yanked.

My whole life I have had someone to “ handle “ me. St first it was my mother then my wife and now a combo of my son my wife and my boss. They make all the arrangements and almost always one is with me when I go to social situations. They arranged, beforehand where I go and who will Be there because I can not stand anti’s, sjw’s, above average not wits and people who I think are overly rude on purpose.

So my life consists of sleeping, working, almost all my spare time at the farm with a very select few people and an occasional social interaction that is sterilized as much as possible by one of those three people.

Of course sometimes I end up in a room or place with the wrong persons and to me it makes for great entertainment but according to my wife most others don’t find it entertaining

Life’s to short to spend on second extra with antis, leftists, sjw’s or rude people, do I don’t waste my time on them

This is my goal.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy

So you cause extra work for your boss and your entire company? You must be very good at what you do to be afforded such leeway. And I feel sorry for your wife and kids. No doubt their social lives have suffered as a result of your position. But hey, if it keeps your blood pressure down, it's all good, right?

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I always hit mental healthcare. I can tell you that getting adequate care for psych disease is a nightmare in MD, unless you have the money to pay out of pocket.

I have a family member that has some issues that require pediatric psychiatric care. I’m unfortunately very familiar with trying to help the family get care. It was to the point that I printed the list of all care providers within 50 miles and called all of them. There were 2 places that weren’t booked solid with a waiting list/not accepting any appointments. Sheppard Pratt in Howard Country and Kennedy Kreiger with a 6-9 month waiting list. I was willing to step up and pay out of pocket for them and I still couldn’t find any openings. Until this problem is addressed nothing will change.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    In regards to civility and disagreement. I love a good disagreement and opposing viewpoints with a good mix of emotion and logic. There are plenty of people on this forum that I don’t always agree with but would gladly break bread with them.

What I cant stand is a person that constantly undermines and plays the devils advocate just for the sake of causing arguments. There are people out there that are so hungry for any type of acknowledgement that they will take any attention they can get, even negative. This is someone that I have no interest engaging in any type of conversation with, whether mundane or about real issues.

This isn’t directed at anyone in particular, just generally speaking.

I can admit I draw hard lines. I can't imagine anyone who actually has principles to be any other way. Giving more ground to antis will never benefit us. The antis just keep taking more and more.

I won't be welcoming to anyone who wishes to take more of what little 2A rights we have left. Someone sides with Antigunners or wants to pay advocate then I'm done conversing with them. I'll take my issues directly to legislators. I don't need to associate with them.

When people like Teratos gets fed up with certain people, and calls them out, there is a serious problem.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I always hit mental healthcare. I can tell you that getting adequate care for psych disease is a nightmare in MD, unless you have the money to pay out of pocket. MDA had that Hopkins shrink who extolled the virtues of psychiatric care, and also said that having guns around increased the risk of successful suicide. Well, we have very limited access to good psychiatric care and suicide rates do not change with limited access to guns. He's wrong.

As for criminal justice, the MDGA declined to pass an amendment that made it a felony to steal a gun, but were fine with it being a crime for Uncle Jesse to give the Duke boys their first shotguns. That is what we are up against.

Unfortunately it's not just Maryland. My best friend back in New Jersey has been going through hell with his oldest daughter and the mental healthcare is absolutely horrible there too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom