• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • parbreak

Ultimate Member
    Feb 18, 2008
    Administering the new COF for civilian wear and carry permit holders first time today under the new guidelines. I have to say I am embarrassed to even to even do this COF as a 5 year old could pass it. In the past, the instructor had some discretion but this is ridiculous.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    Another confusing thing about the new stuff. Do MSPQHI have to take the renewal for a permit? The way the law reads they are listed under the "exempt from this" list.

I have applied to be a MSP qualified instructor, however I will be coming up for renewal next year for a permit. Wonder what will happen..........(twilight zone music)

TD

parbreak

Ultimate Member
    Feb 18, 2008
    Apparently "gun" is no longer acceptable in the nomenclature, as in Maryland HandGUN Permit.

psycosteve

Meme magic works!!!
    Sep 3, 2012
    Gentrfying the Hagersbush.
    If you don't name a thing you take away it's power.
    voldemor....nevermind

The Gov. of MD, whose name shall not be spoken...

Tom Riddle
    tumblr_m61odsoOWi1rrlv1l.png

Martin O'Malley
    505657051a9a0.preview-620.jpg

Notice a resemblance ?

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    Administering the new COF for civilian wear and carry permit holders first time today under the new guidelines. I have to say I am embarrassed to even to even do this COF as a 5 year old could pass it. In the past, the instructor had some discretion but this is ridiculous.

What is the course of fire? I mean what do you have to do.

mtnwisdom

Sep 9, 2012
    Sparrows Point
    What is the course of fire? I mean what do you have to do.

BASIC PRACTICAL HANDGUN COURSE (BPHC)
    Total Rounds – Twenty-Five (25) Minimum passing score = 70% 18 rounds of 25 rounds = 72% Total possible score= 125 pts Minimum passing score= 90 pts
    SCORING Any round inside
    or touching the black silhouette is 5 points. Any round in the white or unaccounted for
    is 0 points
    TARGET B-27
    All magazines
    will be filled with
    5 rounds regardless
    of capacity
    3 YARD LINE – 5 ROUNDS – TWO HANDED – POINT SHOULDER ROUTINE LOAD 5 rounds and assume the LOW READY POSITION.
    On Command – raise your weapon, fire 1 round in 3 seconds, cover, SCAN, finger off the trigger and back to low ready.
    On Command – raise your weapon, fire 1 round in 3 seconds, cover, SCAN, finger off the trigger and back to low ready.
    On Command – raise your weapon, fire 1 round in 3 seconds, cover, SCAN,

finger off the trigger and back to low ready.
    On Command – raise your weapon, fire 1 round in 3 seconds, cover, SCAN,
    finger off the trigger and go to a DEPRESSED PISTOL position.
    Your weapon should be empty with the slides locked to the rear and or cylinders open. Have an instructor check your weapon. If you need to move to the next shooting position, you may do so after you have been checked by an instructor. If you are just moving the target, you may do so at this time. You may fill any magazines with 5 rounds as needed from the next shooting position.
    5 YARD LINE – 10 ROUNDS – TWO HANDED – POINT SHOULDER ROUTINE LOAD 5 rounds and assume the LOW READY POSITION.
    On Command – raise your weapon, fire 2 rounds in 5 seconds, cover, SCAN, finger off the trigger and back to low ready.
    On Command – raise your weapon, fire 2 rounds in 5 seconds, cover, SCAN, finger off the trigger and back to low ready.
    On Command – raise your weapon, fire 1 round in 3 seconds, perform a DRY RELOAD, cover, SCAN, finger off the trigger and go back to low ready.
    On Command – raise your weapon, fire 1 round in 3 seconds, cover, SCAN, finger off the trigger and go to a DEPRESSED PISTOL position.
    Your weapon should be empty with the slides locked to the rear and or cylinders open. Have an instructor check your weapon. If you need to move to the next shooting position, you may do so after you have been checked by an instructor. If you are just moving the target, you may do so at this time. You may fill any magazines with 5 rounds as needed from the next shooting position.
    7 YARD LINE – 5 ROUNDS – TWO HANDED – POINT SHOULDER ROUTINE LOAD 5 rounds and assume the LOW READY POSITION.
    On Command – raise your weapon, fire 1 round in 3 seconds, cover, SCAN, finger off the trigger and go to a DEPRESSED PISTOL position.
    15 YARD LINE – 5 ROUNDS – TWO HANDED – POINT SHOULDER ROUTINE LOAD 5 rounds and assume the LOW READY POSITION.
    On Command – raise your weapon, fire 1 round in 6 seconds, cover, SCAN, finger off the trigger and back to low ready.
    On Command – raise your weapon, fire 1 round in 6 seconds, cover, SCAN, finger off the trigger and back to low ready.
    On Command – raise your weapon, fire 1 round in 6 seconds.
    On Command – CLEAR, INSPECT, PRESENT WEAPON FOR INSPECTION OF ARMS and PROPERLY SECURE THE EMPTY WEAPON AS INSTRUCTED BY A CERTIFIED HANDGUN INSTRUCTOR.

K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    Well, is not so bad, and I guess it is the product of a compromise. Look on the bright side: I am sure there is some element out there that would prefer to use the DEVGRU CQB standard so as to disqualify as many CCW applicants as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom