• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maestro Pistolero

Mar 20, 2012
    Christopher Dorner is only ONE man.

Notice how easily one crazy subject can manipulate and cripple the law enforcement activity in an entire region of the country. LAPD and many other agencies in the Southwest are suspending many day to day law enforcement activities due to the the manhunt.

And notice how quickly (understandably, in this case) law enforcement recedes into self-protection mode due to the actions of a single perpetrator.

Now imagine that, due to natural or unnatural emergencies, the unrest was widespread and imagine the complete absence of police protection that would immediately ensue. This is not a reflection on LE whatsoever, but an acknowledgement of the inherent limitations and folly of relying on police agencies for protection during truly exigent circumstances.

Yet, there is no reason why a citizen might need 30 round ammunition magazines. :rolleyes:

Our sense of security is based on a historical relative normalcy that is far more fragile and fleeting than we realize, despite many moments of clarity that should inform us otherwise (Rodney King, Katrina, 9/11, Pearl Harbor for God's sake).

Last edited:

zmayhem

Feb 2, 2012
    Another point, even though HUNDREDS of officers are hunting ONE MAN, there are multiple pictures of the ones using semi-automatic weapons with 30 round magazines. If citizens "don't need more than 10 rounds", why is it that hundreds of officers chasing one person can justify the need for 30 round magazines?

Maestro Pistolero

Mar 20, 2012
    Another point, even though HUNDREDS of officers are hunting ONE MAN, there are multiple pictures of the ones using semi-automatic weapons with 30 round magazines. If citizens "don't need more than 10 rounds", why is it that hundreds of officers chasing one person can justify the need for 30 round magazines?

Because those officer's weapons need to have sufficient firepower to at oppose the weapons the officers will encounter. And that is the entire point of the second amendment and the common use test, i.e. the equalization of disparity of force between good and evil. It's perfect logic until denied to the law abiding citizen.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I also don't think these people really understand what it takes to stop a threat. Chuck Norris stops every threat with one bullet. My friend in SE DC had to use 12.

vector03

Frustrated Incorporated
    Jan 7, 2009
    Columbia
    I think widespread unrest would be easier to stop. You wouldn't have to pick a single needle from a haystack...just burn the haystack.

zmayhem

Feb 2, 2012
    Because those officer's weapons need to have sufficient firepower to at oppose the weapons the officers will encounter. And that is the entire point of the second amendment and the common use test, i.e. the equalization of disparity of force between good and evil. It's perfect logic until denied to the law abiding citizen.

My point exactly. They clearly use what they tell us we "don't need", if we really don't need them they shouldn't need or use them either. The fact they they are using them and feel that they need them to hunt one person shows me that we need them and should have access to them as well. They are proving our own point for us and proving that theirs is wrong at the same time.

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    I also don't think these people really understand what it takes to stop a threat. Chuck Norris stops every threat with one bullet. My friend in SE DC had to use 12.

Well why didn't he just shoot the guy in the leg or shoot the gun out of his hand? (sarcasm, fyi)

maddogthegreatest

Nov 19, 2012
    Somewhere in MD

LA Police used more than 50 rounds on similar looking newspaper truck not even bother to check who is inside...:D

I guess regular Joe like me need 100 rounds drum magazine to self-defense...:lol2:

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012

TWELVE!? Was that prep hopped up or what? How many times did he hit him?

notfast

Sep 3, 2012
    Bel Air, MD
    LA Police used more than 50 rounds on similar looking newspaper truck not even bother to check who is inside...:D

I guess regular Joe like me need 100 rounds drum magazine to self-defense...:lol2:

The pictures of the TOYOTA truck are absolutely ridiculous. You'd have thought the officers would realize they were looking for a NISSAN with a basket style roof rack in a completely different color driven by a black man before shooting. :tdown:

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Darn. One man can create that much havoc and the police are running scared to the point that services are hampered.

At the same time, politicians want people to give up their guns and rely solely on the police and DHS tactical scissors to respond to active shooter incidents.

It would really suck to be a law-abiding victim

Kinda like, trust us. It is unsinkable. Then HMS Titanic hits an iceberg. Arrogance and stupidity meets reality.

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland

The reality of it is: After 50 rounds they did NOT neutralize 2 women in the truck. So just how many rounds does it take to neutralize 2 girls, and, how many rounds can a 200 + pound man absorb?
    I for one will feel a lot better when they carry my DEAD body away from the empty 10 round magazine in my gun! (Please notice I did not say "CLIP)

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    Because the 30 round or 20 round or 10 round or even 7 round magazine for your scary "assault" weapon or pistol is just a BS diversion they think the uniformed will gobble up and agree with. Anyone that has any info on the subject knows the magazine limits are completely idiotic and a waste of time. They want us disarmed...end of story. I didn't think this before but the past few weeks are really making me think there is little other purpose than to take what they can now so they can do this all over again in a couple years.

And I'm glad I am not on his HVT list right now!

Maestro Pistolero

Mar 20, 2012
    My LE Lieutenant brother makes an interesting point that full-capacity standard magazines are far more of a defensive benefit than an offensive advantage. Anyone care to guess the reasons why that is true?

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    Of course they need a full 30 round mag - they have to neutralize EVERY blue pickup on their way ....

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Notice how easily one crazy subject can manipulate and cripple the law enforcement activity in an entire region of the country. LAPD and many other agencies in the Southwest are suspending many day to day law enforcement activities due to the the manhunt.

And notice how quickly (understandably, in this case) law enforcement recedes into self-protection mode due to the actions of a single perpetrator.

Now imagine that, due to natural or unnatural emergencies, the unrest was widespread and imagine the complete absence of police protection that would immediately ensue. This is not a reflection on LE whatsoever, but an acknowledgement of the inherent limitations and folly of relying on police agencies for protection during truly exigent circumstances.

Yet, there is no reason why a citizen might need 30 round ammunition magazines. :rolleyes:

Our sense of security is based on a historical relative normalcy that is far more fragile and fleeting than we realize, despite many moments of clarity that should inform us otherwise (Rodney King, Katrina, 9/11, Pearl Harbor for God's sake).

Great points! May I borrow & quote this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom