• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oupa

Apr 6, 2011
    This is purely political but I'm putting it here to reach my counterparts in W.MD. instead of risking it being lost or diluted in the 2A section... Besides, this is not just about guns, but rather ALL legislation.

I urge each of you to investigate, read, ask questions and above all, THINK about the bills being proposed and supported by your legislators. Contact them and TELL THEM what you think! The computer age has made this legislative interaction easier than ever and removed every excuse for constituents either not being aware or not making their legislators aware.

NOW, before a bill becomes a law is when YOU can make a difference! To be a productive citizen. Once it passes is too late to do anything but whine.

Think beyond good intentions. Think about the individual freedom this nation was built to ensure. Beware of the "law of unexpected consequences." We may support a bill that is intended to inflict some penalty on "the bad guys" but once it becomes law, someone else gets to decide who the bad guy is! Don't be a sheeple!!! Don't believe everything you read in the paper or see on TV. Ask, think, talk!

Okay... I now return you to your regularly scheduled program.;):wave:

Ben

May 18, 2008
    Garrett County
    Oupa: You're preaching to the choir on this site. The problem is that we folks in W.Md. are listened to by our reps in Annapolis, but they don't have the clout to stop the big government avalanche. It's even worse at the federal level, now that we've become part of the Montgomery County electorate. Try writing a thoughtful letter to one of our senators on any issue, favoring a not-Democrat perspective, and the chances are you'll get a canned response…at best. I don't favor doing nothing, but right now it seems like those who favor small government in Md. are pissing into the wind.

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    Oupa: You're preaching to the choir on this site. The problem is that we folks in W.Md. are listened to by our reps in Annapolis, but they don't have the clout to stop the big government avalanche. It's even worse at the federal level, now that we've become part of the Montgomery County electorate. Try writing a thoughtful letter to one of our senators on any issue, favoring a not-Democrat perspective, and the chances are you'll get a canned response…at best. I don't favor doing nothing, but right now it seems like those who favor small government in Md. are pissing into the wind.

Canned response is right. Thats all I got when I wrote all my reps during the whole SB 281 ordeal. Some of them sent the same canned response, more then once, and even mailed a paper version of the same canned response.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Canned response is right. Thats all I got when I wrote all my reps during the whole SB 281 ordeal. Some of them sent the same canned response, more then once, and even mailed a paper version of the same canned response.

Thats what they do. Work in local government and you will see how narrow the bandwidth is. There are very distinct "hacks" but they usually involve linking up with someone know is a known commodity and has access, or finding a way to form a broader coalition with a known group with a history of success, or pure persistance. Most important is to work the staff.

oupa

Apr 6, 2011
    I'm (very,very,very) well aware that our voice is moot on the state level, at least where it differs from the mainstream. What I'm talking about is what's being proposed by OUR delegates and/or senators for our own local jurisdictions. For the most part these are bills requested by local entities but that doesn't make them right! We each need to do our part and be aware of them and voice our position to those who are responsive to us or we have no standing when we finally realize what's been lost. Read, talk, think, vote!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom