• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What should I do with the spare Type 53?

• Keep it for bad times.

Votes: 7 31.8%
    • Sell to another c&r holder on mdshooters.

Votes: 8 36.4%
    • Give it to Loagan so he can perform a nut-ectomy on the guy who ordered it.

Votes: 7 31.8%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

boule

Ultimate Member
    Oct 16, 2008
    Galt's Gulch
    OK, so I bit the bullet, played nice and ordered three chinese Type53 mosins. One for me, two for fellow collectors who wanted to have one as well and we wanted to take advantage of a rather lower shipping price.

Result:
    Rifle 1: mine
    Rifle 2: Well, I don't have any money at the moment, can I get it anyways....
    Rifle 3: After having his C&R for three weeks now, he is jot interested in collecting mosins anymore and rather wants mausers

So now I am stuck with two short mosins that I did not really want to order. One of the cheepskates will cough up the money or trade me another rifle unless he wants me to tell his wife but the other one is a definate "well I ordered it but no thanks".

Now, the big question is what to do with the extra rifle. I'll let you guys vote on that!

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    OK, so I bit the bullet, played nice and ordered three chinese Type53 mosins. One for me, two for fellow collectors who wanted to have one as well and we wanted to take advantage of a rather lower shipping price.

Result:
    Rifle 1: mine
    Rifle 2: Well, I don't have any money at the moment, can I get it anyways....
    Rifle 3: After having his C&R for three weeks now, he is jot interested in collecting mosins anymore and rather wants mausers

So now I am stuck with two short mosins that I did not really want to order. One of the cheepskates will cough up the money or trade me another rifle unless he wants me to tell his wife but the other one is a definate "well I ordered it but no thanks".

Now, the big question is what to do with the extra rifle. I'll let you guys vote on that!

No good deed goes unpunished.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    These things cost less than a tank of gasoline, I would tell them to cough up the dinero if they plan on using you as a transfer service again.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    As I witnessed said, "attempted impaling" - I've got to go with having Logan to take care of the dirty work for ya ;)

Seriously, I'd keep it and use it in trade or partial trade for something that interests you.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Last weekend I saw a few T53 Chinese Mosins for sale at a WV gun show for $125. They were pretty nasty so I passed. Hopefully what you're currently "stuck" with are better and you paid less.

A pox upon friends that don't follow through with commitments. But it happens to us all sooner or later. If they're good pieces, I'd hold 'em till I could turn 'em at a profit to enhance my C&R collection. That's another beauty of being a C&R licensee - having C&R "capital" on hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom