• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Interesting training scenario. Of course the assailant was a highly trained individual which didn't help the novices. Wisdom is knowing how much you still have to learn as many did in this example.

Tactics

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2010
    Happy to be Here
    Interesting.

Am I the only one who wants a shot at that test?

The expert also charged right at the gunner each time. Lucky guess? I think not.

Thanks for the Vid WSM, is there a part 2?

rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    Interesting.

Am I the only one who wants a shot at that test?

Somehow I doubt it, I would just be happy with more realism instead of them setting up no win situations to prove theyre point where a gunman is a firearms expert and already knows the one person in the room that is carrying.

Make sure to comment and thumbs down the video on youtube.

It really looks like just BS trying to intimidate people into beeing sheep and choosing not to even attempt to defend themselves.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    1) he went right after the guy with the gun.

2) people like us on here would practice with their guns more than those people had a chance to.

3) these points are stupid, because even if the person gets killed atleast they had a chance!

rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    I think the biggest joke is that they staged everything right down to clothing they wore, letting them all pick theyre own attire could have changed all the scenario's but one I think rather then setting them up for failure in the akward fitting white tee to pull over theyre weapon and making it nearly inaccessible. Big tough LEO basically intimidating people into believing they cant defend themselves and stacking the cards against them to prove it is all this is.

WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    Good grief, I put this up in the water cooler for better visibility and I get more views and responses here :D.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    the long t-shirt made it a disadvantage for all...typically a normal length t-shirt would not have got twisted up on the gun...and the instructor knew who to target...:tdown:

bjones

Aug 4, 2010
    The blonde who actually got her gun out and squeezed off a few rounds.......

Sexxxy:D:D:D

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    The argument is based off a false premise....the point isn't that a CCWer would ALWAYS save the day, it is that at least they would have a CHANCE to.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I don't know if the gunman knew who had the gun, but in all examples, except for 1, the student with the gun was in the front row and was staggering to get his weapon.

I think even more important than handgun training, is knowing how to set yourself up to be able to defend yourself. I have a job where I have to meet complete strangers at various places without knowing the place I am going to and without knowing how many people will be there when I arrive. I never allow someone to stay behind me and I always park my car, when possible, in a way that makes it easy to leave quickly.

IMO, the best place to have been during that training session would have been back row, center of the room with 360 degree views and no one behind him. The 1st row is where the gunman is always going to look 1st and even if he looks in the back, he has to navigate past those in front of you.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    My opinion is, the fella "Joey", was basically "preinformed" that he was the only one with a gun and he knew something was going to happen, therefore, he kept playing with the gun and he had it on his mind the whole time. In my opinion, if this were a real life scenario, and "joey" was not expecting "something" to happen, then the case of his fumbling and panic would have had a completely different outcome.

Does Joey have any experience with pulling a handgun from a holster on his side? NO. He's a kid with airsoft guns that he probably has never holstered before in his life. Has he ever been to a shooting range or made practical use of a handgun being pulled from a holster? Obviously not. Would someone with the proper experience and knowledge have saved the day? Most likely. They expect this kid to defend a group with a few of training with a real gun?

I still find it funny that someone would even walk into a conference room with a side holster like that, that too turns me off in believing this video has any relevance to a real world scenario. These productions always turn me off, these people have no idea what happens in the real world.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I think the video makes a good point in general. I watched 5 mins of it and did not get a slam the CCW'er vibe from it. Of course you can watch it and get whatever you want from it.

I got from it that the majority of normal day to day carries likely will not be combat training with their weapons. Thus the weapon is useless. How many people have actually drawn from their CCW holster and put rounds down range with combat induced stressed? I'd saw even on this board it's a pretty small amount.

Rather some of it was staged or stacked is kind of irrelevant to the actual point of the video.

I've seen people struggle with external holsters once you add a dip of stress into the situation...let alone with a "deep concealment" inside the holster weapon. His attire really isnt much off from what one would wear in the cold months of the year.

I'm sure you can play this out time and time again and the outcomes will be the same. Sofa Commando's arent trained enough to handle these situations as much as they think they are.

I'm fine with properly trained people having CCW's. Properly trained is the key.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom