• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • moo-cow

Moo!
    Dec 4, 2010
    MoCo
    So it's $54.50 total for the prints? That what I'm getting from the link.
    http://fyifingerprints.com/index_files/Page362.htm

I also noticed the $54.50 for "handgun" on their price list. I think that is an old page before processing fees were reduced (they don't have the most state of the art website).

I honestly don't know what the State charges for the HQL print since I have not gotten one. I know it is $18 for NFA prints, or $38 total.

Edit:
    I did find a fee listing here:
    http://www.dpscs.state.md.us/publicservs/fingerprint.shtml

$34.50 for State + FBI
    $18.00 for State only

I will again have to plead ignorance with regard to which is required for the HQL.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I also noticed the $54.50 for "handgun" on their price list. I think that is an old page before processing fees were reduced (they don't have the most state of the art website).

I honestly don't know what the State charges for the HQL print since I have not gotten one. I know it is $18 for NFA prints, or $38 total.

It might have been best for the OP to ask how much money you had to spend to get the fingerprint receipt to enter the number into the application.:D:thumbsup:

I know I personally paid $38 to get the receipt in hand.

Trbo6gn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    Harford Co.
    The state fee for the HQL is 34.50. Most Providers charge 20.00 on top of that as a service fee. The Sheriff's office in Bel Air charges a 10.00 fee making the total 45.00(rounded up .50 cents to make it easier) and only accepts cash.

moo-cow

Moo!
    Dec 4, 2010
    MoCo
    The state fee for the HQL is 34.50. Most Providers charge 20.00 on top of that as a service fee. The Sheriff's office in Bel Air charges a 10.00 fee making the total 45.00(rounded up .50 cents to make it easier) and only accepts cash.

Well, in that case it looks like FYI Fingerprints will charge $54.50.... better go to the Garrett County couthouse :)

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Well in that case it looks like FYI Fingerprints will charge $54.50.... better go to the Garrett County couthouse :)

:party29: not every part of this F'ed up state wants to stick it to the gun owner.
    Nice thing about going there is you can't hardly get out of the place without a bunch of pro 2A talk happening.

moo-cow

Moo!
    Dec 4, 2010
    MoCo
    :party29: not every part of this F'ed up state wants to stick it to the gun owner.
    Nice thing about going there is you can't hardly get out of the place without a bunch of pro 2A talk happening.

Must be nice... Is there free parking too?

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    MSP will print at some MVA offices (Bel Air is one that does).

$20 for fingerprints. Add in the CIJ fee.

But, if you have the cards, they will print your fingerprints on cards for things like VA and FL and other CCW. :)

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Still don't understand the rationale of getting these cards before the lawsuit is settled. The more people who get cards, the less it appears like an infringement on our rights. If you go to court and can say less than 100 people in the state have applied for HQL, what does that tell you? But if you go and say 10,000 applied, then it must not be too much of infringement... but what do I know? I'm a moorrroonn.

Trbo6gn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    Harford Co.
    Still don't understand the rationale of getting these cards before the lawsuit is settled. The more people who get cards, the less it appears like an infringement on our rights. If you go to court and can say less than 100 people in the state have applied for HQL, what does that tell you? But if you go and say 10,000 applied, then it must not be too much of infringement... but what do I know? I'm a moorrroonn.

or they could say "only 100 people have signed up for their hql. This is obviously not an infringement because hardly anyone is interested in purchasing a handgun".

Relwarc

Jan 25, 2013
    Hunt Valley
    I'm a moorrroonn.

Agreed!

Everyone! cut off your nose to spite your face!!

It's not even that bad, go get your fingerprint done, it's easy.

You mad because we need to take safety classes? Really? Do you not advocate gun safety?

It's done, law passed, people need to get over it.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Still don't understand the rationale of getting these cards before the lawsuit is settled.
    Here's my rationale, now granted I already had my HQL when this happened but this is a big reason I wanted to get it, I walked into my local FFL and he's got a Smith 629 6 inch for about half what it should be going for.
    Now if I hadn't already applied for my HQL and wanted to wait for a court date that fine piece of Smith and Wesson engineering would be in somebody else safe besides mine.
    I think it was proven last year when SB281 was passed that our reps. don't give a shit what us commoners want, look how many went to Annapolis against the bill and it still passed.
    And when the 4th overturned Judge Leggs decision, I really don't hold any hope that this ******** HQL will get overturned either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom