• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    big ones.

it would be nice if people would stop linking to PTAC crap. there's a reason it has the price it has. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that it was just another rebranding of Vulcan/Hesse/Blackthorne/Joeken/etc. You know....the ones that change their name, flood the market with cheap crap, calling it "mil-spec" so people buy it, then closing up shop and not having any post-sale service whatsoever, keeping the cash along the way.

markc

Apr 9, 2011
    big ones.

it would be nice if people would stop linking to PTAC crap. there's a reason it has the price it has. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that it was just another rebranding of Vulcan/Hesse/Blackthorne/Joeken/etc. You know....the ones that change their name, flood the market with cheap crap, calling it "mil-spec" so people buy it, then closing up shop and not having any post-sale service whatsoever, keeping the cash along the way.

Yeah. But wouldn't PSA still be around. Not saying their CS is 100%. But every time I've called, they've answered the phone. PSA is much easier to reach than PEPCO, Verizon, etc.

Anyhow, mine is shipping now and should be here next week. Stay posted for updates.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    big ones.

I just don't understand why people buy rifles from these mom and pop start up shops when there are many manufactures that have a great reputation. Why take the chance on a piece of crap just to save a couple hundred dollars. Hell, in some cases, people aren't even getting the rifle they paid for because they chose to order it from a new start up company like Duck Creek Armory.

The best advice I could give anyone here.....Just stick with the big names in the business. They have a good reputation for a reason.

Buy once cry once.

tomandjerry00

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2013
    Even the big names started as mom and pop start ups one day. Essentially all companies started small, people took a risk and tried them out, and then they grew to become large and popular.

And every rifle has a place. This is kind of like the big boy version of the Mossberg 22LR AR. If you want an awesome, bomb proof rifle, this isn't for you. If you want a really cheap AR (upper) that goes to the range maybe once every year or two and is largely to show off you your friends or make "tacticool" this may be the perfect option.

Everyone does not need a high-end rifle and it never hurts to have a beater rifle.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Even the big names started as mom and pop start ups one day. Essentially all companies started small, people took a risk and tried them out, and then they grew to become large and popular.

And every rifle has a place. This is kind of like the big boy version of the Mossberg 22LR AR. If you want an awesome, bomb proof rifle, this isn't for you. If you want a really cheap AR (upper) that goes to the range maybe once every year or two and is largely to show off you your friends or make "tacticool" this may be the perfect option.

Everyone does not need a high-end rifle and it never hurts to have a beater rifle.

We are not talking, the Seekins, Spikes of the world that have a track record of decent to good products. We are talking PTAC which has documented cases of shitty work. Yes every shop usually starts small but that is where you make your name if you cannot survive as a "small" shop you will never make it as a "big"shop.

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    This would be the perfect upper for my wife's AR build. Since I have 4 to do it won't hurt to have a cheap upper on a cheap lower. Now I would NEVER put this on my Engage lower, but a $65.00 Spikes group buy lower. Why not? I already have all the other parts.

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    We are not talking, the Seekins, Spikes of the world that have a track record of decent to good products. We are talking PTAC which has documented cases of shitty work. Yes every shop usually starts small but that is where you make your name if you cannot survive as a "small" shop you will never make it as a "big"shop.

Hmmm. Quality issues are questionable. Maybe I'll just wait and get a decent one for a couple more Benjamins.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    Yeah. But wouldn't PSA still be around. Not saying their CS is 100%. But every time I've called, they've answered the phone. PSA is much easier to reach than PEPCO, Verizon, etc.

Anyhow, mine is shipping now and should be here next week. Stay posted for updates.

You do understand that the only correlation between PSA and PTAC is that PSA sells PTAC's merchandise? They are two different companies not related to one another.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    That's a really good price. I put one of these on my first build, and it's been very accurate and super-reliable, as well as an easy fit with my PSA lower and other components.

This.

I've got that same upper on my M4 build. A goodly number of rounds thru it with no issues whatsoever.

I've certainly gotten more accurate shooting from other guns, but for a KISS rifle or a range plinker, that's a deal that's tough to beat.

Add a CMT BCG from rainier for 120 and your choice of charging handle for a quality M4 upper well under 5 bills.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    I don't think it's helping PSA's reputation by selling these PTAC products. PSA branded stuff is good but they are hurting their name by selling this crap. We all know how important a good reputation in this industry is and when you lose it, you usually never get it back.

I've seen too many people throughout other forums mistake PTAC gear as cheaper stuff made by PSA.

Maybe I'm wrong. I'm not the one who owns a huge armament. Maybe selling PTAC products is good for PSA

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom