• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Diehart

Trouble Making Gun Geek
    Oct 6, 2007
    Lusby, Maryland
    Fred,

Thank you for the question and for going to my website.
    I see no reason why such legislation could not be passed. I agree we should allow those to carry with a permit in and outside the home.

Charles Lollar

On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 2:35 PM, Fredric Hart <hartfp@comcast.net> wrote:
    Dear Mr. Lollar,

I’ve been at several of the Tea Parties at Soloman’s Island where you spoke and I am very impressed and hope to vote for you in November but one very important thing really bothers me. Your website describes your view on the Second Amendment the same way I would expect an antigun candidate’s would.

I need to know and our Pro-gun community needs to know the truth, are you really 100% in support of the 2nd Amendment? Are you going to support Shall Issue for concealed carry for all States including Maryland?

Sincerely,
    Fred Hart

X-Factor

I don't say please
    Jun 2, 2009
    Calvert County
    I believe that Lollar is a man of his word... I don't sense any politial maneuvering or lying from him. I think he absolutely means what he says, now whether or not he either changes or is incapable of bringing ABOUT change once elected is another story....

jaywade

Ultimate Member
    Nov 2, 2009
    Leesburg, VA
    I was talking to my father about this very issue w/ Lollar (he lives in waldorf, I no longer do) we both have given money to him. Honnestly I don't know how important his stance on the 2nd would be for me if I stilled lived in charles county.... I know I know hear me out.....

how often does anti-gun stuff go through congress ???

to me the fight foe more gun rights in MD is through the Md assembly , which lollar has nothing to do with

now, I've heard Lollar speak on gun rights I 've heard him defend them but even if he was 100% complete anti-gun (which he's not) he hands and fists a better choice than Hoyer

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Fred,

Thank you for the question and for going to my website.
    I see no reason why such legislation could not be passed. I agree we should allow those to carry with a permit in and outside the home.

Charles Lollar

On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 2:35 PM, Fredric Hart <hartfp@comcast.net> wrote:
    Dear Mr. Lollar,

I’ve been at several of the Tea Parties at Soloman’s Island where you spoke and I am very impressed and hope to vote for you in November but one very important thing really bothers me. Your website describes your view on the Second Amendment the same way I would expect an antigun candidate’s would.

I need to know and our Pro-gun community needs to know the truth, are you really 100% in support of the 2nd Amendment? Are you going to support Shall Issue for concealed carry for all States including Maryland?

Sincerely,
    Fred Hart

The way he worded it seems a little vague or he's misinformed. Of course one with a permit can carry outside the home. Question is if he'll actually support the general public being able to get a CCW without being in security or politically connected.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I don't know anything about him, but if you look at what he really says, rather than seeing what you want him to say, I'm not so impressed.

...I agree we should allow those to carry with a permit in ... the home.

"Allow"? "permit in the home?"

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    To date, Lollar has resisted repeated overtures by MSI. Better than the incumbent against whom he is running, but he doesn't come off as a true 2A supporter to me.

jaywade

Ultimate Member
    Nov 2, 2009
    Leesburg, VA
    To date, Lollar has resisted repeated overtures by MSI. Better than the incumbent against whom he is running, but he doesn't come off as a true 2A supporter to me.

I understand that his avoidance MSI bugs some here...but that may have something to do w/ MSI..just saying

on his web site there a a few video's where he claims he supports gun rights, he also was a marine they tend to be progun....

I would rather see him than Hoyer...but to call him a anti-gun I think is a reach....I think him being vague on this is baltimore talk...

jaywade

Ultimate Member
    Nov 2, 2009
    Leesburg, VA
    from his website

Second Amendment:
    “A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed”. ~ The Second Amendment

In the recent Supreme Court case of District of Columbia v. Heller, the Court ruled that the Second Amendment protects an individual's right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home. Its ruling settled the question of whether the bill of rights grants you and I the personal liberty to keep and bear arms for our own defense in the affirmative.

While the 2nd amendment also provides a role for government to regulate in this area, the government cannot act in a manner that would disarm, or deny through onerous regulation the right of law-abiding citizens to exercise their second amendment rights.

The possession of a firearm by law-abiding citizens is not inherently evil. Legislation, which seeks to disarm law abiding citizens for their own protection, only leaves them disarmed and at the mercy of the criminal population. But the right to arm oneself also bears with it the obligation to keep others safe from your action. Having chosen to arm oneself, you are then personally responsible for the manner in which those arms are used, stored or transferred.

In cases where guns are used to terrorize communities and shed innocent blood, I would be a fierce advocate for bringing the perpetrators to justice and ending their reign of terror. But I would not favor or support legislation that disarms law-abiding citizens and leaves them at the mercy of that same criminal element.

As your next Congressman I will defend your right to keep and bear arms.

I don't read that as anti-gun... again in congress I think this point of view is fine if he was running to be in the MD general assembly and I was a MD voter I'd want a clearer picture of his CCW views...but in congress who cares

just my 2 cents

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    I had him pretty much lined up to speak to a group of MDShooters, but...

A) I couldn't find a meeting hall
    B) I was afraid no one would show up and he'd get the idea that we don't care

lowoncash

Baned
    Jan 4, 2010
    Calvert county
    I have talked to a diehard Democrat Steny supporter. For what it's worth they wish Collin Bailey had won. According to this person, Bailey would have been easy to defeat. Now Steny has a real race on his hands.
    As stated before Lollar is running for a US Senate seat. Maryland permits are a Maryland issue.

Is everyone here registered to vote? Have you talked to your friends/neighbors about your candidate choices? Can you explain why someone should vote for your candidate?

Try to talk to at least two people per day and ask them to vote for your candidate. Ask them to ask their friends to vote the same way. It can make a difference.

ThumperIII

Jun 11, 2009
    Maryland
    Not really familiar with this candidate's speeches or platform, but nothing in his initial response or the extract from website specifically states any support for 'shall issue'. (in Maryland or nationally) My read on his email reply only talks possession and permits and the web blurb only talks already court position decision on rights. No discussion of how this effect 'bearing' arms.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I have talked to a diehard Democrat Steny supporter. For what it's worth they wish Collin Bailey had won. According to this person, Bailey would have been easy to defeat. Now Steny has a real race on his hands.
    As stated before Lollar is running for a US Senate Congress seat. Maryland permits are a Maryland issue.

Is everyone here registered to vote? Have you talked to your friends/neighbors about your candidate choices? Can you explain why someone should vote for your candidate?

Try to talk to at least two people per day and ask them to vote for your candidate. Ask them to ask their friends to vote the same way. It can make a difference.

:thumbsup:

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    Let's hope he is being vague on this so he does not alienate all the ignorants in PG and Baltimore who will vote for him as long as they don't know any better.

This.

You cannot be overtly pro-gun and win in MD5. You got PG and Charles to contend with and all the people there programmed by Sunday preachers, et al about how evil republicans are for a myriad of things, one of which being guns. Lollar has to be seen as simply more moderate than Hoyer. Not many people consider "national carry permits for all" a moderate position (for now).

He sounds like he'd be a more moderate choice than Hoyer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom