• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redsandman6

Dec 22, 2011
    Dundalk
    I am in the market for a powder dispenser anyone have any experience with the rcbs chargemaster link or chargemaster supreme?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    I have a Combo 120. Can't really speak of the two you mentioned, but I like my Combo. I don't use it that much anymore after getting a Dillon 550. I mostly load in bulk, but there are some powders that don't meter well in drop type dispensers so the RCBS comes in handy for that. I do use it along with a single stage press when reloading hunting ammo. I always double check with a beam scale no matter what press I use.

holesonpaper

Mar 10, 2017
    Hazzard county
    I just picked up a Supreme last week. Was getting tired of some of the inconsistencies I see with the Dillon drop. Will check back in after I use this weekend.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    I was thinking about the Chargemaster Lite as I'm a simple guy and wanted simple. Discontinued it seems. No interest in linking it to my phone but guess the Link is the next option.

I will likely wait to see how the market shapes up a bit more.

redsandman6

Dec 22, 2011
    Dundalk
    I was thinking about the Chargemaster Lite as I'm a simple guy and wanted simple. Discontinued it seems. No interest in linking it to my phone but guess the Link is the next option.

I will likely wait to see how the market shapes up a bit more.
    Amazon still has the lite. For 279. The link is 299.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Seabee

Old Timer
    Oct 9, 2011
    Left marylandistan to NC
    I like my Lite. always works and seldom ever throws an overcharge. The Lyman gen 6 I had before was a POS. kept wearing out seals. I should also add that I checked the lite with my .02 gr resolution scale and the Lite was always withing its .1 gr resolution and seldom over .08 gr

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    What makes the new ones worth SO MUCH coin?

I have a Chargemaster 1500.

holesonpaper

Mar 10, 2017
    Hazzard county
    I just picked up a Supreme last week. Was getting tired of some of the inconsistencies I see with the Dillon drop. Will check back in after I use this weekend.

So here's my update. Yesterday I loaded 100 rounds (55gr fmj - .223 rem) with two different powders (IMR-4166 and CFE223) both around 25-27gr (slightly different recipes). I ran through the powder learn process with both powders and after tuned in, it was dropping both in under 10 seconds. Looking at the link versus supreme differences, the powder learn is the only thing that jumps out in my book.

The only thing I encountered was a bit of static cling, more so on the CFE223 - and I'll need to do something about but nothing new there.

All and all - I'm pleased with the Supreme but think the Link will work fine too. For me, if the Supreme saves me time drop over drop, that's good enough for me. I have a friend who owns the older lite (I believe) and he's happy with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom