• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 0nesh0t

Feb 20, 2011
    Anne Arundel
    Is the cost savings on ammo really worth sitting in traffic an hour just to get there?

Not from my experience. Online for ammo is the way to go. Deals at PSA, Natchez SS, CTD, etc... It is worth the wait in traffic for hi-cap mags if you are looking for those or something unique.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Not from my experience. Online for ammo is the way to go. Deals at PSA, Natchez SS, CTD, etc... It is worth the wait in traffic for hi-cap mags if you are looking for those or something unique.

Ammo deals are no better than online. Hi-caps though are in good selection throughout especially if you need something obscure. C&R stuff is usually good too, I've gotten a few good deals over time at these shows. Never bought a modern firearm though, so not sure how vendors take to MD residents.

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    Ammo deals are no better than online. Hi-caps though are in good selection throughout especially if you need something obscure. C&R stuff is usually good too, I've gotten a few good deals over time at these shows. Never bought a modern firearm though, so not sure how vendors take to MD residents.

My experience in the last few years is the vendors have so many VA residents in line to purchase they really do not have to deal with the hassles of selling to MD residents.

Dan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008
    Deal of the day so far. Dansammo has bakelite AKM mags new Russian 762 for $35 each.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    guy in the middle has glock high caps for 35

Thanks, but my Sub2K is a Sig 226, I was able to pick up 32 rounders from the mag dealer in the back right side (the one with their wares under glass). Didn't see any Sub 2K's, or 10/22 Takedowns for sale at all at the show, I'd say the C&R selection was kind of lame too. Kinda disappointing overall for a Chantilly show. I got in at 3:30 and was out after an hour. If anyone noticed a tall guy on crutches, that was me.

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    yellow ammo sign on left had some .223 @360.

update - gone

other vendors 400 ish.
    370@globalarms for pmc. They back up to dellas knives

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton
    Got this text from an old friend can anyone confirm?

Nations gunshow this wknd.
    Saw Morgan Spurlok workng one of tables.
    Prbly for some hippy anti-gun piece.

Hazmat

Nov 16, 2012
    MD
    Non-guns at show

A good gun book is a good read by the fire. I have no problem with books at the show as long as it has nothing to do with Martha Stewart. As for jewelry,well....it may be one way to coax a female friend to go with you and get her interested in shooting. And for collectors of milita, there may be something they can't live without. I would still rather see more actual gun stuff although I did get a nice drawing of two draft horses drawn by a vet. That had to draw it with a pencil in his mouth. Amazing.

Out

schreib

Stupid Newbie
    Mar 2, 2011
    Rockville, MD
    See anyone with Beta mags? I always get one absurd capacity magazine for each of my rifles to bring to the range and now that the AR-15 is done...well :)

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Got this text from an old friend can anyone confirm?

Nations gunshow this wknd.
    Saw Morgan Spurlok workng one of tables.
    Prbly for some hippy anti-gun piece.

He was working with one of the vendors, wearing one of their shirts. Back right corner of the building. He didn't really seem to be interacting with customers though, I stood in front of him at the table for a minute or so, the vendor was all AR tacticool stuff.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    223/5.56 was obscenely priced, in some cases over $100/case over the last show. fortunately i have a 'little' extra. hoping that comes way back down before i need some more.

i got some fed 147g fmj 9mm for $240/case ($10 or so higher than last show) and some win white box 9mm fmj for i think $220/case.

Baltimorejake

Ladder Truck Wheelin Fool
    I went this evening was not bad but the ammo is flying out the door and the prices are up on most of it. Primers and powder are in short supply as well glad I went on Friday night. A very large VA State police presence counted 25 troopers milling about and standing at the exits kind of odd never seen more than 3 at this show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom