• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    But you can't take it home that day right? Probably have to go back there in a week or two (Elkridge) and pick it up?

What about rifles? Buy and take home that day since they're not regulated?

Forgive the questions, I'm still very very new to buying guns and the laws LOL.

Thanks!
    if the rifles are regulated, same deal as a handgun.
    if not, it should be cash and carry with an instant background check, if the VA dealer will sell to you as a MD resident.
    BTW bring two forms of ID with you.

MXSteve89

Nov 12, 2012
    I'm just looking for a .22 rifle for the ol' lady... she doesn't like shooting anything I shoot, prefers the 22's... looking for something tactical style, maybe drop a scope on there and call it a day. LOL

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I'm just looking for a .22 rifle for the ol' lady... she doesn't like shooting anything I shoot, prefers the 22's... looking for something tactical style, maybe drop a scope on there and call it a day. LOL

That's easy: S&W M&P15-22. BTW, our IP FreeState has them for a great price right now.

MXSteve89

Nov 12, 2012
    Damn, that's a sexy looking gun. Does Freestate have a website or phone number?

Thanks for the heads up! :party29:

Howe

Howe
    Apr 27, 2010
    exMD
    Welcome CnC

Bring your firearm with you, make sure its not loaded. Bring lots cash, most vendor will have a surcharge for using credit cards, having cash is better for bargain. PNC ATM is available but be prepare to wait in line.

1. Ammo, both 7.62x39 and 9mm are well supplied (keep you finger crossed). Any Animal brand of AK rounds are fine (Wolf, Brown Bear, Tiger, or Tula). 9mm you want to stick with US made. Hi cap mags are available there... I don't own drum because I don't find they reliable and heavy, but many people would disagree. Search around on the forum for a brand that proven works with your AK.

- Strobe laser? Streamlight TRL-2 is the one to pick. But you might find better price online rather than in show. Becareful not to pick up low qualify knockoffs at the show, they are there.

2. If you live in MD. You will need to do FFL, talk to Gus at Accurate Pawn. Good guy and his stand is normally by the food court. I believe as long as you pick them up in intervals of 30 days you will be fine with the 1 gun a month rule.

3. Good cleaning kit I might say! There are several holster maker onsite, if you pick up a TRL-2 you would want to custom made a holster that will fit the G17 w/ light. There is a kydex holster guy there can do it for 100ish holster. Once you walk in, he is normally by the left wall next to the military/police recruiters.
    - Also, there is a Glock guy all they way in the back next to the bathroom, he has a decent Glock package to do some basic mods (trigi night sight, 3.5lb trigger connector, slide/mag release extension) for a decent price.
    -Right in front of the Glock guy (facing to the door now), two Chinese guy (separate table) may have some AK parts, like tac-rails, and small metal knock offs. Sometimes you can find cheap metal parts with them.

4. I saw folks selling hand cross bow, but not serious archery stuff.

Download a dollar off coupon on their website before you go.

Good luck

MississippiJoe

Jul 21, 2012
    I think I might head down there Friday after work or Saturday, depending if my gout attack is gone by then or I just cut the dang foot off.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    I've got a feeling it is going to be a nightmare. But it must be done, going to need 30rd AK mags and 7.62x39.

Yme

Platinum Member
    Nov 3, 2012
    I've got a feeling it is going to be a nightmare. But it must be done, going to need 30rd AK mags and 7.62x39.

I think it's gonna be crazy too. I need to pick up some 30 rd AR mags too.

What day are you planning to go?

I went to the last two Chantilly shows. I just bought ammo, and ate the barbecue at Willard's (not to be missed). I wouldn't buy a gun there unless it was something really hard-to-find, especially not a regulated gun I'd have to have transferred through an FFL. Prices just aren't that good. There's definitely a lot o' stuff there, though, and a much higher proportion of it actually gun-related than at the Maryland shows.

schreib

Stupid Newbie
    Mar 2, 2011
    Rockville, MD
    I just got my APPROVED designated collector letter in the mail yesterday and I picked up a regulated rifle 10/30. Wanted to look out for Glock 34 Gen 4's while at the show, would I be in the clear to pick out one and do the transfer or would I have to wait the full 30 days since I did the paperwork for the regulated rifle before being a designated collector?

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I just got my APPROVED designated collector letter in the mail yesterday and I picked up a regulated rifle 10/30. Wanted to look out for Glock 34 Gen 4's while at the show, would I be in the clear to pick out one and do the transfer or would I have to wait the full 30 days since I did the paperwork for the regulated rifle before being a designated collector?

No.. You're gtg. But you have to ask the seller to ship to a md ffl though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom