Centerfire systems wont ship to MD? WTF?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    They don't want your $$. They are either ignorant of MD laws and do not want to learn or afraid and don't want to learn. The workaround is to have the gun sent to Marlin at PDI. Marlin, known as "carryaglock" here, has a shop in WV.

First thing is to verify that the gun IS on the approved list. Second, see if Centerfire will ship to him, otherwise you might have to work around that issue.

BTW, Marlin can test fire a handgun if no casing is included by the maker or importer.

Fstbk272

Jun 1, 2010
    MD
    Its a rock island tactical 1911, which is sold here, and on the list. It comes with a fired case aswell. But I'd still have to end up gettn the gun shipped from Marlin to a shop here in MD, or does he also have a MD FFL? - Roger

And they said they dont wanna ship to MD b/c there are too many hoops toi jump through... :rolleyes:

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Ahh, a RIA Tactical, great gun. Marlin might be able to drop it off at your FFL. I think he lives near Fredrick. His license is only for WV.

Fstbk272

Jun 1, 2010
    MD
    ah, yeah gunrunners is where I wanna get it transfered at I guess. Its like 40bucks with MSP fee.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    RIA 1911s rock!

Unfortunately given MD gun laws, you'll find many vendors just don't want to be bothered. CF has been good with shipping rifles here but I've never ordered a handgun from them.

If they won't do it, someone else will. GunBroker has pretty low prices on these NIB ($400 and below) but I'm not sure if all of them come with shell casings.

Fstbk272

Jun 1, 2010
    MD
    Lowest I've found so far on GB is 430. CF has em' for 419, and its like 14.99 shipping, and 99 cents for any other. ( I plan to get 2, one for me, one for my dad) Just tryin to get em' as low as I possibly can, ha. Had a guy in Williamsport (Murray's) that is/was gonna hook it up, but his supplier is dickin' him now, so he doesn't know if he can get em' now... He's supose to let me know tomorrow. Everyone else is insanely high! Like 505, 550, 595 for a standard tactical wtf!? crazy!

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    keep an eye on bellshire guns on gunbroker.

When they have them in stock, they have a really low buy it now including shipping.

I got my compact tactical through them.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Everyone else is insanely high! Like 505, 550, 595 for a standard tactical wtf!? crazy!

Have you priced a new S&W recently? Their prices are insane.

For a while the RIA's were the best value for the $$, now they are getting more expensive. I can't get a RIA for what I paid 18 months ago.

I think general inflation is hurting these guns.

Fstbk272

Jun 1, 2010
    MD

When they have them in stock, they have a really low buy it now including shipping.

Yeah, they have em' up. 430. I emailed em' askin why they are charging 3% for CC use. ( I wanna use my debit card) Its a fed. law you can't charge more money for using a CC, so we'll see how that goes.

Fstbk272

Jun 1, 2010
    MD
    Have you priced a new S&W recently? Their prices are insane.

For a while the RIA's were the best value for the $$, now they are getting more expensive. I can't get a RIA for what I paid 18 months ago.

I think general inflation is hurting these guns.

no, ha. I'm not really a handgun guy, havent really looked at S/W's. I want an RIa for my 1911, and prolly an XDM for 9mm.

Fstbk272

Jun 1, 2010
    MD
    well CFS, can suck it. Called em' and wanted a gun shipped to Marlin at his FFl, wouldn't do it, b/c my address is an MD addy... ended up callin Bellshire directly, got the guns for 8$/pc more than CFS (Shipped) and they have em' in stock!

boatme99

Ultimate Member
    Jun 22, 2010
    Mid-Tenn.

If you're talking Bellshire in Tenn., I can give them a HUGE thumbs up! :thumbsup:

Very good, honest folks.
    Actually, an old time hardware store.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    You're not missing much by not dealing with CFS anyway, IMHO. I don't know if Buds Gun Shop has started shipping handguns to MD or not but they have excellent prices.

paulstitz

Jun 19, 2010
    Cockeysville
    Its a rock island tactical 1911, which is sold here, and on the list. It comes with a fired case aswell. But I'd still have to end up gettn the gun shipped from Marlin to a shop here in MD, or does he also have a MD FFL? - Roger

And they said they dont wanna ship to MD b/c there are too many hoops toi jump through... :rolleyes:

Try Sarco Inc

http://e-sarcoinc.com/pistolrockisland.aspx

shipping was around $20 and only took a few days.

You will need to get an internal lock. (you already knew that)

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    Buds and Sarco will ship to MD.

But if you want to use CenterFire.
    Look in the Industry Partners. Contact PDI in WV.
    Marlin will get the firearm in and drop it off at a Frederick area FFL. GladeValley or Gun Runners. I have used Marlin to get a Kimber, a Walther, and a Tommy Gun.

Fstbk272

Jun 1, 2010
    MD
    If you're talking Bellshire in Tenn., I can give them a HUGE thumbs up! :thumbsup:

Very good, honest folks.
    Actually, an old time hardware store.

Yup, Bellshire in TN. Awesome guys!

Buds and Sarco will ship to MD.

But if you want to use CenterFire.
    Look in the Industry Partners. Contact PDI in WV.
    Marlin will get the firearm in and drop it off at a Frederick area FFL. GladeValley or Gun Runners. I have used Marlin to get a Kimber, a Walther, and a Tommy Gun.

Yeah, but I figured if I got it through them, I'd have to pay the mark-up.... I bought two of these, so I didnt wanna spend more than I had to. But I do plan to use them for future purchases.

CraZ4GunZ

Dec 12, 2008
    HoCo
    +1 on Bellshire also. Bought my Rock Tac there 18 mo. ago and their prices haven't changed! Thank you Centerfire! :tdown:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Drake1990$

Latest threads

Top Bottom