• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HardHatMan

FBHO
    Jul 14, 2009
    Virginia
    Justice finally prevailed. At trial the judge threw out the "failure to inform" case after the prosecution rested, stating that they had not even proven their case and no there was no need to even put on a defense.

For more details see: http://www.ohioccw.org/201111104990/judge-drops-failure-to-inform-charges-against-bartlett.html

I understand from elsewhere that the officer that freaked out is still on the force but on leave. His internal affairs hearing I'm told will be next month.

:thumbsup:

john_bud

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    So the cop has been on paid administrative leave -- essentially paid vacation for the past how many months?

What a racket...

jkray

Jul 13, 2011
    Germantown
    Did you watch the video? The guy made multiple attempts but the officer was too busy telling him what he was doing to listen and probably would have tased him if he kept talking.

Yeah I saw that too, the drive made atleast 3 attempts although they were weak attempts but he still made them, to tell both officers that he had the permit and he was armed. Both officers told him to shut up, so he did, then almost gets killed for obeying a direct order.

lawrencewendall

Been There, Done That
    Oct 10, 2009
    Fired after being diagnosed with PTSD. How do you say 100% disability? I'll bet he is laughing all the way home.:sad20:

Well, it's comforting to know that Mr. Harless is appealing the firing. So bascially, what that says is he doesn't find anything wrong with his own behavior. Which pretty much means either one of two things - either he's lying his ass off, or he's genuinely mentally defective. Either of which means he shouldn't be a LEO.

And since when is being a bully a symptom of PTSD? That's a new one to me....

randian

Jan 13, 2012
    "Fired" is often used as a synonym for "no longer employed". Was he formally fired, or simply forced to resign? These have very different implications for his pension and health benefits. As for his alleged PTSD, in some states (like MA and CA) a safety employee retiring with a "disability" exempts some or all of their pension from state income tax. Is that true in MD as well?

Don't be surprised if he shows up in some other Department somewhere. It happens all to often. Other Depts will pick him up because of his training and Certs. It can be costly, time consuming and hard to get new canidates cleared thru the background process and be certified. So even though he may be a loose cannon it wouldn't surprise me if he gets hired again somewhere else. I know of an officer that was fired for far worse and he ended up getting a P.I. License and carry permit in Md. after I thought he would be in jail?
    Go figure ? It is guy's like that who tarnish the good image of Officers.
    People remember the negitive not the positive things that the LEO's do.

randian

Jan 13, 2012
    Don't be surprised if he shows up in some other Department somewhere. It happens all to often. Other Depts will pick him up because of his training and Certs. It can be costly, time consuming and hard to get new candidates cleared thru the background process and be certified.
    How does he get past the psych eval, or don't they do them anymore?

krucam

Ultimate Member
    Thanks to TFL for the "heads up".

g12c0000000000000009a2723e8a394d7e88939f8755a6087861fcf7705.jpg

Fired police officer Daniel Harless could get his job back if he gets medical clearance to return to work. This was ruled in an arbitration hearing over his previous firing.

http://www.cantonrep.com/news/x2105837634/Fired-Canton-officer-Daniel-Harless-wins-back-his-job

I hope this guy gets the help he needs. I hope he can become a productive member of society. I also hope he never gets to put on a badge again, barring that, that he doesn't resume patrolman duties...

“As soon as I felt your gun, I should have took two steps back, pulled my Glock 40 and just put 10 bullets in your ass and let you drop,” the officer screams in the video. During the flurry, Harless also said he should have gunned Bartlett down for being stupid.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Thanks to TFL for the "heads up".

g12c0000000000000009a2723e8a394d7e88939f8755a6087861fcf7705.jpg

Fired police officer Daniel Harless could get his job back if he gets medical clearance to return to work. This was ruled in an arbitration hearing over his previous firing.

http://www.cantonrep.com/news/x2105837634/Fired-Canton-officer-Daniel-Harless-wins-back-his-job

I hope this guy gets the help he needs. I hope he can become a productive member of society. I also hope he never gets to put on a badge again, barring that, that he doesn't resume patrolman duties...

I remember this. What an as*hole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom