• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Depends on the State. Handgun usually means semi auto or Single/Double Action if its a concealed handgun permit.

FLorida issues a Concealed Weapons Permit which means you can legally carry a Machinegun, AOW, SBS, ect....

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Did you state.....for defensive purposes. On your for 4?

Generally, class 3 weapons are not good ccw pieces. Don't do it, even if you can. It brings a bad stigma to nfa ownership. That is another thing we do not need right now.

fd318

Mar 22, 2010
    Upper Fells Point
    So no suppressors in MD? Its more of a curiosity for me than lets go do it type of thing. I haven't been able to find an answer using my google fu. So I figure I would just ask.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    So no suppressors in MD? Its more of a curiosity for me than lets go do it type of thing. I haven't been able to find an answer using my google fu. So I figure I would just ask.

Maryland is restricted to Handguns from my understanding. I believe the MSP put a stop to any other NFA devices being carried years ago, but I may be wrong. I think MD Law is Silent, pun intended on carrying Silencers.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Did you state.....for defensive purposes. On your for 4?

Generally, class 3 weapons are not good ccw pieces. Don't do it, even if you can. It brings a bad stigma to nfa ownership. That is another thing we do not need right now.

i agree.

this is no hollywood. plus.. who wants to carry a suppressed handgun anyways? too bulky and when you need it.. do you tell the BG to wait while you screw the suppressor on? :innocent0

phidelta308

Jan 4, 2010
    bawlmer, hon!
    Don't use any gun for self defense that you aren't willing to lose forever. You shoot the bag guy, police show up, take your gun, ask you questions. If you're lucky, you don't spend the night in jail. Hopefully charges are never filed, but good luck getting your property back. So now you're out an expensive NFA piece, plus the cost of a tax stamp, plus the time and effort it took to get it in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom