• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DROB

member...
    Jul 25, 2011
    North of the MD border...
    i just purchased a Ruger LC9 for my CCW desires. I am going to start looking around for a good IWB holster and possibly and ankle one as well. While I start looking i thought i'd solicit some opinions from those that have carried before.

any suggestions/recommendations are highly appreciated. The sooner i find one the sooner the Ruger starts traveling with me.:)

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Ankle holsters are uncomfortable and are not easy to get to if it's your primary CCW. If I were to own one of those really cool pocket pistols, I'd get a pocket holster first. But I'm a chubby guy and don't really like dealing with IWB holsters.

Jim

Bensmiata

The Newbie
    Dec 23, 2009
    MD
    It's got a safety and a long DA trigger pull, you would be fine carrying it in a pocket w/o a holster if the safety is engaged. But if you carry this way and shoot yourself this is advice only.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    It's got a safety and a long DA trigger pull, you would be fine carrying it in a pocket w/o a holster if the safety is engaged. But if you carry this way and shoot yourself this is advice only.

Yeah, but then it gets scratched up and with all of the lint in there things can get gummed up. Just my personal experience :innocent0

Jim

oldsarge

Old & Crusty
    Jan 14, 2009
    Calvert County
    I carry my P3AT in a leather Ross pocket holster that has a closed end. It does not print at all and the closed end keeps lint and pocket trash from getting into the barrel. With this type of holster, it is easy to draw and reholster without snags. Of course as with all new holsters, you should practice with an empty gun until you have the technique down pat.

DROB

member...
    Jul 25, 2011
    North of the MD border...
    call me weird but i'm not a big fan of carrying a lot of stuff in my pockets. Really the only thing i have in my pocket is a wallet, keys are on a carabiner, cell phone in a clip. So it sounds like ankle might not be the best.

Thanks for suggestions thus far...i'm still looking so oldsarge if I find one I like i will let you know.

Ethan83

Ultimate Member
    Jan 8, 2009
    Baltimoreish
    I often carry my Bersa 380 CC in a DeSantis pocket holster. Works pretty well, the holster never shifts, though it is possible for the gun to slip out if you lie down or something like that. Not sure the size, but the holster says 'N3' on it if that has anything to do with DeSantis' sizing scheme. I'm pretty sure the LC9 i about the same size as the Bersa 380, so I would def recommend trying pocket carry - it's as concealed as concealed gets without any discomfort whatsoever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom