• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TomisinMd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2013
    Elkton, Md
    I went through a brick of CCI regular velocity and started noticing some winchester XX stamps on some casings! maybe a 20% mix or so in with the regular C's. Also, the bullet looked a bit different as well.

Anyone seen this?

TomisinMd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2013
    Elkton, Md
    took me awhile to go through it, and I bought it unopened. I bought one at that new place on 40, a few at molly's, and one or two at dicks. I cant remember before that.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    does your S.O or kids shoot?

my wife thinks one round is the same as any other she wouldn't notice brands and would put it where it fits lol

Gmercury2000

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2013
    Gambrills
    I had a similar occurrence a few months ago where I got a new box of rem gb and there were thunderbolts mixed in along with a few spent casings though. Bought brand new at dicks and watched them open a full sealed case off the truck.

TomisinMd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2013
    Elkton, Md
    No chance of any mixing. Either by me or daughter. I have winchester but its sealed in a can I bought at dicks last year sitting in the bottom of the safe. No one at the range but us during this brick too. A private club and no chance there. A lot in there so it's very strange!

TomisinMd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2013
    Elkton, Md
    I had a similar occurrence a few months ago where I got a new box of rem gb and there were thunderbolts mixed in along with a few spent casings though. Bought brand new at dicks and watched them open a full sealed case off the truck.

Hmm.. this is all very strange.

DocAitch

Jun 22, 2011
    North of Baltimore
    During the early summer I was in a shop and saw that the employees were packaging CCI from bulk box of loose rounds into 100 round plastic CCI boxes.
    If the OP's brick was sealed, it doesn't sound like this could have been the case with his ammo.
    DocAitch

TomisinMd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2013
    Elkton, Md
    It was the standard velocity blue brick box, with 10 50 rd boxes in it. no tape or anything on those, so thats possible. hmmm

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Call CCI and ask. It's possible that CCI did a bulk buy from Winchester on components or complete cartridges in order to keep pace with demand.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I doubt that as CCI has added production lines, plus why would they buy stuff from Winchester when their stuff is in short supply also. More likely done at a store. Dicks is just about the only place around MD you can get CCI-SV.
    Here is another thing. Some Dicks have taken returns on CCI-SV in cases where they were not judged appropriate for a give .22 when bought. I know because I bought one of 2 bricks returned to the Hagerstown Dick's the night before. I still have that brick and have not checked it out so I am thinking it might be a good idea.

BRONZ

Big Brother is Watching
    Jan 21, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    Since the are from different manf. Thats hard to explain. Someone tampered with the packaging.

Dang....we need safety seals on ammo boxes now.

TomisinMd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2013
    Elkton, Md
    Definitely have to start marking where these bricks come from as soon as I buy them now. And calling CCI is a good idea too.

matt

No one special
    Apr 9, 2011
    I was shooting some CCI - last weekend from a 500 brick bought from dicks- two of the for boxes I opened were missing 1-2 rds. All others were fine.

I can't imagine that opening a brick of 22lr to steal 10 rds is worth the time/effort.

TomisinMd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2013
    Elkton, Md
    These are pics from the brick I have open right now. Top is CCI standard. Bottom is winchester super x.

Attachments

• IMG_0837.jpg
      IMG_0837.jpg
      99.6 KB · Views: 157
    • IMG_0838.jpg
      IMG_0838.jpg
      105.2 KB · Views: 163
    • IMG_0839.jpg
      IMG_0839.jpg
      56.7 KB · Views: 157
    • IMG_0840.jpg
      IMG_0840.jpg
      69.2 KB · Views: 161

TomisinMd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2013
    Elkton, Md
    I'm betting some assclown sitting in the back of a store after hours when the shipment came in, switches out some crap winchester for CCI in a few boxes out of each brick from a case, then sold himself some CCI disguised as Winchester, saving a few bucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom