• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rj91jeep

Feb 16, 2011
    Westminster, MD
    Any body reload .204 Ruger?

I'm gonna be ordering a .204 ruger upper soon for one of my AR builds and I'm getting stuff ready so I can reload for it. I usually use a Lee casing trimmer but they don't make a pilot for that caliber.

So what are you guys using to trim your casings for .204 Ruger?

Thanks

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    Any body reload .204 Ruger?

I'm gonna be ordering a .204 ruger upper soon for one of my AR builds and I'm getting stuff ready so I can reload for it. I usually use a Lee casing trimmer but they don't make a pilot for that caliber.

So what are you guys using to trim your casings for .204 Ruger?

Thanks

You mean this pilot from Lyman:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/899104/lyman-e-zee-trim-hand-case-trimmer-pilot-204-ruger

Ive been using a RCBS Trim Pro for years. Nice thing about that trimmer is you can set the amount of trim you want - which is helpful if your doing wildcat rounds. You can get a 20 caliber pilot for it, and the shell holder is the same as 223/556 nato as the 204 Ruger.

rj91jeep

Feb 16, 2011
    Westminster, MD
    You mean this pilot from Lyman:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/899104/lyman-e-zee-trim-hand-case-trimmer-pilot-204-ruger

Ive been using a RCBS Trim Pro for years. Nice thing about that trimmer is you can set the amount of trim you want - which is helpful if your doing wildcat rounds. You can get a 20 caliber pilot for it, and the shell holder is the same as 223/556 nato as the 204 Ruger.

I looked at that pilot but the lee pilots screw into the cutter. I don't know how big the portion that goes into the cutter on the Lyman ones are to know if I could thread it to fit in the Lee.

After watching the video posted above, I may try that way or modify a .223 and extend the pilot to get the length I need for the difference

Song Dog

Jan 2, 2013
    Eastern Shore -Delmarva
    I use the Hornady case trimmer ...........

I've loaded the .204 Ruger since 2005, use .40 gr pills @ 3600 so not hot and don't have to trim them until 4th firing. I've gotten best groups with Allaint
    10X power which also happen to work well too in .223 50 gr pills for 1-12 twist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom