• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    Where is it located? What are they selling?

Next to (just South of Dyson's). Dyson owns they building, but had it leased out to "D" who used to run a *junk* shop called D's Sporting Goods up in the Callaway Shopping Center. He went bust there so he moved into the Dyson building and tried to peddle his crap for a couple of years. Failed at that one too.

Now there are signs up for a new something or another going in.

Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    I remember the sporting goods store that was very near the intersection in Calloway. Was a gun store, than a BBQ joint that moved into the smaller red building, the old sporting goods store than was a hire out meeting hall than I think a church. Is that the place you are talking about? I bought quite a few firearms from Bob's Sunoco right down the road from there, not sure if they are still selling firearms or went pretty much all beer/liquor. Was a very good place to buy nice guns for a good price.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I don't think it's going to be an outdoor sporting good shop. Or any sporting good shop.

I passed by there earlier and there was a sign on the front railing that said "Crafter's Wanted. Apply Within" or something to that effect.

dtmeyers

Jun 22, 2013
    I remember the sporting goods store that was very near the intersection in Calloway. Was a gun store, than a BBQ joint that moved into the smaller red building, the old sporting goods store than was a hire out meeting hall than I think a church. Is that the place you are talking about? I bought quite a few firearms from Bob's Sunoco right down the road from there, not sure if they are still selling firearms or went pretty much all beer/liquor. Was a very good place to buy nice guns for a good price.

Yes. D's was in the store area across from the Shell, then next to Dysons, then closed and reopened as something else, then closed again.

Bob's expanded but they are no longer an IP.

Gilligan

Jan 24, 2016
    I'm pretty sure that's the same business that was (briefly) located in the old Sanner's appliance location a bit farther north on 5. Nothing to do with Damien, if that's the case.

Gilligan

Jan 24, 2016
    Yes. D's was in the store area across from the Shell, then next to Dysons, then closed and reopened as something else, then closed again.

Bob's expanded but they are no longer an IP.

IP? Bob moved all the tackle and firearms to the rear of the store. Still rolling that...but focused more on the beer, wine and scotch...:party29:

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    IP? Bob moved all the tackle and firearms to the rear of the store. Still rolling that...but focused more on the beer, wine and scotch...:party29:

IP is Industry Partner.

Industry Partners pay to list their business in the Industry Partner section and that helps to offset the cost of the site. Apparently they are no longer an Industry Partner here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom