• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    I thought all of those apps were returned?

My suggestion would be to seek legal council.

I think the issue was they did not deny per se, they returned them asking for additional reason post 4th Circuit decision. At least that's what happened in my case. They side stepped issue by not processing in timely manner but we did not complain as information being provided was they would be rejected if processed during injunction (or whatever phase that was called as we awaited 4th Circuit). That threw a wrench into process.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    The first indication to anyone that a change in policy has occurred would be to learn that the personnel who currently make the decisions have been transferred. Sgt Knaub is in charge of that unit. I am confident that he makes decisions based on the methods he has been trained to use. He will never change the way he does business. If he were ordered to change the way he accepts G and S, I believe he would ask to be moved from the division. Like him or not, he believes in what he does. But he is steadfast in his beliefs. If you are receiving a letter in his name, you do not and will not meet the qualifications. The Snowden decision and Scherr decision are his guideline. I disagree with his views completely and I disagree with the fact Maryland allows an individual's personal interpretation of the law. But I respect the fact he is clear on his stance and does not waiver. Despite the fact I disagree with Sgt Knaub, I like him personally. He is a good person. What I don't respect is seeing leaders above him who say they recognize the problem and want to make changes but allow delays in making those decisions for political reasons. Have a set of balls and make a decision. It is either right or wrong. Political fallout can not be an influence.

It is interesting to read confirmation there are true believers in current policy that are not political appointees.

My experience with the licensing division, at the lower levels, has generally been positive. I cannot recall encountering anyone that was a dyed in the wool gun hater. Most of the guys there seem well aware that some policies and procedures are asinine - though they don't state that outright. I readily concede I am speculating but their tone, language and body language has indicated to me that they do what they are told even if they think it is foolish because they have to. It is their job on the line.

When I have called or gone in person, they've spoken plainly to me.

The only person that has ever spoken vaguely or dodged my questions was an aforementioned person there. However I am not entirely sure that was because he didn't like the questions rather it was just that policy didn't allow for a clear answer.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Read Mr. McCauley's last three sentences.

Then re read them in case you didn't absorb it all the first time around.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Now there is some arbitrary sh*t right there! Just plain unacceptable. :mad54: I realize that's just your speculation Swinokur, but if true that is the type of crap that Hogan, but even more importantly the Superintendent, ought to be correcting. There is no one else to blame if they don't. It's absolutely asinine for self-defense, or other lawful purposes, to be insufficient. This is total BS. Yeah, that's right, if OweMalley can use that kind of language so can I! Makes me feel as tough as he thinks he is.:rolleyes: Can I get on NPR now?

i totally agree. That's just my speculation of why adding all lawful purposes to a modification request will go nowhere until the actual policy is changed.

Again, just my opinion. I think it total BS too.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Read Mr. McCauley's last three sentences.

Then re read them in case you didn't absorb it all the first time around.

I got it the first time, but thanks! And thank you Jack McCauley for speaking plainly. :)

FoxtrotAviator

Apr 7, 2013
    It's been 90 days wheres my unlimited unrestricted free lifetime CCW/hunting license? What do you mean these things take time?! I am Veruca Salt, I want my golden goose.

I LOVE IT!!!!.....I Just got home from work, put my feet up, grabbed my IPad and read that and it made my day! Thank you.
    I think it's ACTUALLY POSSIBLE. I think all we need to do is tell everyone within the Liberal Media and All of our Anti gun political friends
    Something like "GOOD AND SUBSTANTIAL?! This is Not EVEN up for discussion its a "GOD Given right!!!"
    Or "HERE ! Read the constitution!....THE 2nd Ammendment part!!"
    They must not be aware of that being brought to their attention over the last 2 centuries.
    (And guys please don't take offense to the sarcasm I've unloaded here today ..I work in an atmosphere that is easily 75% TOTALLY LIBERAL. I very rarely have a Single workday go by without being ganged up on....and often take Much of my time producing Honest , true statistics from all sources. Only to have these people just flat out not believe me . I'm almost LITERALLY talking to the walls. I'm very optimistic toward our cause. I think we all SHOULD be. Because throughout our state Many people are learning that Citizen CCW works across our nation . Like we all knew it would.
    Like so many of us, I just cannot up and leave Maryland. So sometimes the Sarcasm just helps. )

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    It's been 90 days wheres my unlimited unrestricted free lifetime CCW/hunting license? What do you mean these things take time?! I am Veruca Salt, I want my golden goose.

giphy.gif

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    As one of the 365 neither the app or the money returned, they processed as far as possible until the good judges ruling was over turned.

I love how people are saying patience, kinda like they last republican governor just wait until his second turn. Well he either needs to do and show he's not just another f&&&king politician or just be one.

+1

I am thinking Erhlich 2.0

Even though its early in Hogan's tenure. Things are not adding up. Increased stops of out of state vehicles. No definition of good and substantial reason. There is no appearance of a change in direction for the MSP.

Everyone is willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. As you pointed out, he is a politician. Hogan needs to prove he is worthy of our vote, the next election.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    +1

I am thinking Erhlich 2.0

Even though its early in Hogan's tenure. Things are not adding up. Increased stops of out of state vehicles. No definition of good and substantial reason. There is no appearance of a change in direction for the MSP.

Everyone is willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. As you pointed out, he is a politician. Hogan needs to prove he is worthy of our vote, the next election.

I agree, but I don't think he has proven anything to our detriment at this point. He has lived up to his promise to scrutinize the state spending, so I will not doubt that he is willing to address other topics.

If he wants to piss all of the libtards off and ruin any bi-partisan plans and future goals, then yes. Not everything is that simple. He can declare permits to be approved and then next year we get them yanked back out from under us during the legislative session. Have some patience and wait for a long term solution.

So in other word he's playing politics with people's rights and people's safety to keep from stepping on some libtards toes? Using that logic nothing will change in the state on any issue...And the only way they could revoke those permits in next session would be to pass a bill that Hogan would have to VETO or sign...because it's doubtful they could get a veto proof bill passed with the current make up of the legislature. I guess that would show his true stance on 2A issues...

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    So in other word he's playing politics with people's rights and people's safety to keep from stepping on some libtards toes? Using that logic nothing will change in the state on any issue...And the only way they could revoke those permits in next session would be to pass a bill that Hogan would have to VETO or sign...because it's doubtful they could get a veto proof bill passed with the current make up of the legislature. I guess that would show his true stance on 2A issues...

Take it how you'd like.

I was very careful with my wording. I'm not asking for self-defense as the restriction.

I'm asking to operate within laws already on the books. "All lawful purposes" encompasses that.

I can carry a 45 ACP into a bank but not into a 7-11 unless I am actively involved in financial business transactions?

Is it just me or is that completely insane.

No more insane that issuing permits to protect a bag of money but not yourself and you family. No more insane than a bunch of anti 2A libtards politicians denying us our God given right to self defense while they are protected by armed law enforcement...Marylanders are sick and tired of being victims...of crime and political activism...

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    The only other way to take it is that Hogan is a closet gun grabber...I don't believe that....at least not yet...I'm willing to give him a chance to show his true 2A feelings...but playing politics while innocent people become victims is almost as immoral as denying them the right to defend themselves...

I understand, but we cannot expect monumental changes in what amounts to be overnight. I admire Hogans methodical and calculated way of governing. It's breath or fresh air.

I understand, but we cannot expect monumental changes in what amounts to be overnight. I admire Hogans methodical and calculated way of governing. It's breath or fresh air.

I like him too...and I wish him the best...I just hope he's not blowing smoke up our butts...people who could defend themselves are getting hurt or worse every day in Md because they cannot carry. Politics is no excuse for not acting in the best interest of the law abiding. No one here wants to become a victim...

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    Funny how quickly folks want executive actions and "directives" passed down when they feel empowered somehow... If you want real long-term change, let's let the process play out. In other words - be PATIENT. ;)

Why is it that when Democrats are in power they ram things through like there is no tomorrow? They don't care about backlash just the passing of the laws they want.

On the other-hand, the Republicans take their time, don't want to offend anyone and never want to look bad. Sometimes I wish that they acted as forcefully on their beliefs as the Dems seem to.

These actions are by the respective parties are both on the State and National levels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom