• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Burt Hammersmith

Dumpster Fire
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 20, 2015
    Has anyone looking into getting insurance for carrying? Like USCCA?

I just submitted yesterday and now looking into taking my FL class.

The thought of carry insurance keeps crossing my mind

Anyone else?

sclag22

Jan 9, 2013
    Fred Co.
    I have uscca, and hope to never need it. It's not just legal, it's a resource for many different aspects of gun ownership and CCW.

I didn't have it until fairly recently, prior to spending about two weeks straight carrying in free America. With my Utah, I usually only carry a handful of times a year, and it's most usually time spent in the wilderness. Never did I think that I'd see MD go shall issue so soon, but needless to say, I will definitely continue to hold the membership, and now I have added my wife too (50% discount).

Burt Hammersmith

Dumpster Fire
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 20, 2015
    I have uscca, and hope to never need it. It's not just legal, it's a resource for many different aspects of gun ownership and CCW.

I didn't have it until fairly recently, prior to spending about two weeks straight carrying in free America. With my Utah, I usually only carry a handful of times a year, and it's most usually time spent in the wilderness. Never did I think that I'd see MD go shall issue so soon, but needless to say, I will definitely continue to hold the membership, and now I have added my wife too (50% discount).

What made you decide to use USCCA?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    CCW Safe seems to be recommended a little more highly than USCCA.

sclag22

Jan 9, 2013
    Fred Co.
    What made you decide to use USCCA?
    Honestly, publicity. They did a good job of getting their name out. I did read the coverage and things like that, but I don't know many people that CC, so I didn't hear a ton of first hand experience. Most of my information came from people that support 2A like Colion Noir. I'm sure there are other just as good if not better options (they were discussing some in this forum), and I am open to all of them. Uscca is just where I landed for now.

Burt Hammersmith

Dumpster Fire
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 20, 2015
    Honestly, publicity. They did a good job of getting their name out. I did read the coverage and things like that, but I don't know many people that CC, so I didn't hear a ton of first hand experience. Most of my information came from people that support 2A like Colion Noir. I'm sure there are other just as good if not better options (they were discussing some in this forum), and I am open to all of them. Uscca is just where I landed for now.

Thanks! I don’t know if I’m going to go USCCA or look into how much keeping a lawyer on retainer per year costs

SigMatt

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2007
    Shores of the Bay, MD
    I have USCCA and CCW Safe insurance. I prefer overlapping coverage as each provides some things the other does not. I carry in other states so my coverage was for that. I have a CCW Safe card in my wallet. My other coverage is backup.

Expensive but in this world a few hundred dollars per year is cheap insurance to help keep your house and retirement. Easier than trying to keep a lawyer on retainer to cover 36 states where I can carry.

Matt

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Has anyone looking into getting insurance for carrying? Like USCCA?

I just submitted yesterday and now looking into taking my FL class.

The thought of carry insurance keeps crossing my mind

Anyone else?
    Here's why I don't like USCCA.... people fall in to their videos and training programs, etc..... I know it feels like value added, and maybe for most it is. Cheesy to me, yes. But in no way should they be looked at as not worthy.

Mrlexed88

Amateur Race Car Driver
    Nov 28, 2016
    Harford
    I have US Law shield, mainly because it was the cheaper and I believe it covers all legal weapons not just firearms. Never had to use it to speak on experience nor do I want to find out. Just heard great things from instructors that are under USCCA umbrella which is odd because you think they’ll promote the one they use.

Nosce Hostem

MDS Supporter
    Aug 26, 2016
    Northern Balt. County, MD
    CCW Safe is a favorite among LEOs. A friend who is LE recommended that I get USAAC.

Curious, was there a particular reason that the LE friend suggested going with a company that most of his community chose not to? Was there a noticeable difference in real world cases in the amount CCW Safe was willing to spend on legal defense comparatively to USCCA?

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Curious, was there a particular reason that the LE friend suggested going with a company that most of his community chose not to? Was there a noticeable difference in real world cases in the amount CCW Safe was willing to spend on legal defense comparatively to USCCA?
    Friend’s comment:
    “LEOSA people use CCW, because they are cheap and it has LE specific coverage, but their best plan only goes up to $1mil. USCCA offers higher coverage at $2Mil.

“CCW is the cheapest at $179 a year with $1m coverage, but civil liability is an additional $220, and they do not cover NY and WA.

“USCCA is the best plan, it offers no limit defense and civil liability coverages.”

I’m leaning toward CCW Safe after reading over both plans, and the comments in the thread regarding USCCA tactics. The former having actually won a lawsuit favors them as well.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Another company to check out: Right to Bear

EXIT WOUND

Sep 22, 2011
    I have US Law shield, mainly because it was the cheaper and I believe it covers all legal weapons not just firearms. Never had to use it to speak on experience nor do I want to find out. Just heard great things from instructors that are under USCCA umbrella which is odd because you think they’ll promote the one they use.
    Best one out there is US Law shield

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom