• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • samcolt45

Aug 22, 2010
    Columbia MD
    Yes, it is the Ruger PC9 in 9mm. The PC stands for Police Carbine. It is not made anymore. You can still find used ones. I think it was made in 40 and 45 too. I think it will take P89 to P95 mags in 9mm. I don't know what mags it takes in 40 or 45.

aquashooter

Apr 17, 2013
    Monkey Co
    I absolutely love my Ruger PC 9 (Police Carbine 9mm). I bought it as a 9 mm plinker and HD weapon. I shoot it at least once a month. However, you can not buy a new one. Ruger stopped producing them around 2006 when police departments started buying ARs for the superior fire power. They also had a .40 cal version.

marylandondeck

Oct 26, 2012
    Baltimore County
    Yes, it is the Ruger PC9 in 9mm. The PC stands for Police Carbine. It is not made anymore. You can still find used ones. I think it was made in 40 and 45 too. I think it will take P89 to P95 mags in 9mm. I don't know what mags it takes in 40 or 45.

I absolutely love my Ruger PC 9 (Police Carbine 9mm). I bought it as a 9 mm plinker and HD weapon. I shoot it at least once a month. However, you can not buy a new one. Ruger stopped producing them around 2006 when police departments started buying ARs for the superior fire power. They also had a .40 cal version.

Thanks. :party29: Now to track one down.

marylandondeck

Oct 26, 2012
    Baltimore County
    I bought one from Lou45 at Shooter's Discount a while ago. I am not sure if he still has one or not. It was the 9mm version.

Thanks! I'll give him a call. Will these be effected by Oct. 1st or am I good to continue my other endeavors until then?

Edit: About how much did it run you? If your not comfortable discussing on here just shoot me a PM.
    Thanks

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Ruger PC's were made in 9mm , and .40 , no .45acp . Well reviewed , and usually the accuraccy was remarked upon.

The hoped for LE Agency sales did not materialize. Both because AR's were then gaining sales vs pistol cal carbines , and that relativly few agencies issued Ruger pistols.

Civillian sales weren't great since at the time they were substantially higher than the Marlin Camp Carbines in 9mm and .45acp .

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Thanks! I'll give him a call. Will these be effected by Oct. 1st or am I good to continue my other endeavors until then?

Edit: About how much did it run you? If your not comfortable discussing on here just shoot me a PM.
    Thanks

It was back in 2011 so I would need to check my paperwork.

Not sure if Lou sold out of the PC9s at one of the shows or not.

IF you are looking for a similar carbine, JRC makes a 9mm carbine that takes Glock 17 9mm mags. I think there is one for sale in the MDS classifieds.

marylandondeck

Oct 26, 2012
    Baltimore County
    It was back in 2011 so I would need to check my paperwork.

Not sure if Lou sold out of the PC9s at one of the shows or not.

IF you are looking for a similar carbine, JRC makes a 9mm carbine that takes Glock 17 9mm mags. I think there is one for sale in the MDS classifieds.

Oh jeez lol. I thought you meant recently. Sorry about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom