• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    Happened 3x in about 2 weeks at Continental Arms. Cameras got a good pic of guy and police tried to stop light rail, yeah he was a rider, before next stop but no luck. No place is safe but it amazes me when I get out of my car and see what the car next to me has on the seat and in the cup holders. STUPID!!!!!

Happens way too often in that area. Have a retail client in Hunt Valley that is routinely vitimized....

Light Rail to that area was one of the worst ideas ever....I think Spanish is now the official language of Cockeysville....nothing like when I lived there in the early 80's.... :sad20:

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    Back in 1987 my wife, 2 young children and myself drove from Fairbanks Ak, to Laural Md, in a Toyota minivan. it was a long trip through Canada to Montana, a stop over in Illinois, then to Maryland we stayed in many motels along the way, since we were moving here and had lots of stuff in the van we only took in a suitcase each and maybe a bag or two into the motel room for the night. We had no problems the entire trip. We arrive in Laural found a motel, it's parking was in a fenced lot almost under the motel rooms. Woke up my first morning in Md and went to find a DD to bring back breakfast. When I got down to the van the passengers window was broken and the van had been tossed, lost a nice leather jacket and my wifes purse which had been under the seat. Well that was a real nice welcome to Maryland, since then I don't leave anything of any value in the car.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Always seems to be an uptick in these sorts of crimes the closer we get to Christmas

Skins_Brew

loves the smell of cosmo
    Mar 4, 2009
    moйтgomeяу сoцйту
    We had it happen once when we were in NJ. We had my sister in laws wedding the next day and the ****ing perps stole our bags that had shit we needed the next day. Luckily, my FIL had the bright idea to look around the area. I helped him out and found our shit underneath a tractor trailer about 1/2 block away.

Next time this happens, do a good search around the immediate area. The hoodrats aint stupid, they know that the cops will be looking for someone carrying whatever was stolen.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life

My wife and oldest son went to my M-I-L's house in Brooklyn Park.

As they were leaving, my wife opened the car and started putting her 'stuff' in the back seat of her '85 Accord.

She went back inside to get our son, and when she returned, she noticed that the passenger's side back glass was busted out and some of the stuff in the back seat was gone!!!!!

STOOPID people........ the danged car doors were unlocked, and the driver's door was standing open!!!!!!!:mad54::mad54:

Thank goodness for $0 (zero) deductible on comprehensive insurance.

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Waldorf, isn't that near me. Yeah, never an uptick in PG or surrounding counties; it's an everyday affair. And, the pukes don't need anything on the seats or console to bait them. They are after $5, or anything that can be sold or pawned.

In my immediate hood, however, it is known that I own mucho protection, and that my fuze is short, and that has provided a bit of a shield for me. And at 74 I don't really give a shit bout who I offend or the antis who surround us, so when in the mood I become proactive and get a little head start on disciplining the perps.

Don't have a fail safe solution for any hood or person, but certainly don't make it convenient for the turds.

Lew--Ranger63

wolfejp

Apr 8, 2011
    Waldorf
    I grew up in Oakland CA and always had to watch out for stuff like this but when I moved to waldorf in 98 after I got out of the Marines, I thought it was a great place I couldn’t get over how quiet and peaceful it was. I never worried about theft or crime but within the last 6 or 7 years it has defiantly taken a horrible dive.

DrCatt

A Knight Without Armor
    Mar 11, 2013
    Carroll County
    I'm so sorry to hear. It's best to take everything with you if you can. If not, leaving such items in the trunk can be helpful. (if you have a trunk of course) Criminals love easy and opportunistic work. I guess that's why they're criminals.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Growing up in B'more city, you learn not only to hide stuff, but do it before peeps can see you parking.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Happens way too often in that area. Have a retail client in Hunt Valley that is routinely vitimized....

Light Rail to that area was one of the worst ideas ever....I think Spanish is now the official language of Cockeysville....nothing like when I lived there in the early 80's.... :sad20:

Yeah, when the Loot Rail was out of commission a few years ago business people I know said crime dropped big time up this way. I moved to Cockeysville in 1972 from NY via Fort Belvoir VA area. Now it's all section 8 on the E side of York Rd. Full of illegals.:sad20:

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    dont forget about the gym/locker room. Cant tell you how many times i go into the locker room at my gym, open a locker that has no lock attacthed and surprise surprise, there's a wallet, keys and phone sitting in there. Blows my mind how naive some folks can be about their possessions. :sad20:

I also see it all the time. People are nuts. My friend's brother belongs to Turf Valley CC, nice private place. Had his wallet and keys stolen and hence his Infinity and within an hour they had run up $1500 on his CC's, not to mention losing his golf clubs and car. Didn't bother to lock his locker.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    First of all, I am glad you and your wife weren't assaulted and I am p*ssed along with you.

Second, and at the risk of sounding like preaching (not intended to be): there is an ENTIRE -- SIGNIFICANT -- element of our region's "society" that sees places and locales diametrically opposed to the way the rest of us do.

This is compounded by many of my friends and neighbors who've moved here as a result of the BRAC and from places where it isn't all that necessary to worry about locking cars, let alone leaving personal belongings on car seats.

And, (don't anyone take this personally) the criminal elements see So MD as eeeeezeeeee pickin's!!!!

Several posters have mentioned the approaching holidays and perhaps the best gift we can spread (along with sincere holiday cheer) are tactful reminders about personal security.

One friend sends out a "tip of the day" to all his non-LEO friends and family.

Finish holiday shopping as early as possible ("start after Halloween and finish by Thanksgiving" is a mantra a lot of local LEO's admonish themselves and their loved ones).

And, always shop as early as possible during the day.

Research (heck, even the stats that law enforcement agencies live on) have proven the low risk of crime between 7am and 2pm, vs the remaining 17 hours.

You won't even catch a member of my family in Waldorf or especially in or near any "mall" after 3pm

Lastly, posts like yours are good "heads ups" that undoubtedly save many others from bring victims.

So, thank you for making at least some positive out of a bad experience :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom