• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bowtech25

Jun 13, 2009
    carroll county
    Hey boys who else out there can't take it any longer
    cant wait to be 20 foot closer to GOD with my bow in hand man i love this sport
    :party29::party29::party29:

Last edited:

SRTMO

Apr 29, 2009
    Ceciltucky
    Hey boys u else out there can't take it any longer
    cant wait to be 20 foot closer to the sky with my bow in hand man i love this sport
    :party29::party29::party29:
    :thumbsup:
    Amen, my Hoyt is getting restless. A month a half and it's time to start deer hunting. I only have 3 packages of ground deer from last year left. I need to re-stock.

lax

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Baldwin
    put out mineral last weekend at a few spots. I cant wait to get my bowtech sentinel out on some deer. Been hitting targets for too long

SRTMO

Apr 29, 2009
    Ceciltucky
    Before:

After:

I hit this buck at 20 yards 3 hours after the trail cam took the photo. This was my first big buck. He scored 117 and I know that isn't really big but, it's a trophy to me.

boricuamaximus

Ultimate Member
    Dec 27, 2008
    I would love to do some of hunting. Gonna save up for a bow since MoCo is stupid and does not allow rifles.

bowtech25

Jun 13, 2009
    carroll county
    That an awesome buck SRTMO i have been bow hunting for many years and killed many animals but never a nice buck like that a trophy indeed. congrats and best of luck to all in september .

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    been dialing in my new bow for a couple weeks now, and getting it pretty close. It's much faster than my last bow, and less forgiving of my shooting errors. Hope to get as good with it (or better) as the last one! No, I can't wait either :)

boss66tcode

a bit of an Eddie Haskle
    Sep 8, 2008
    in 'da hills
    New to hunting in this area, I'll have to try my luck on public lands, but have scouted a few good places so far. Its been a long time since I've taken one with a bow, but my gear is ready, and so is my mindset.
    Good luck to all this season

J.Brown

Apr 3, 2008
    Hampstead
    T- 12 days and counting. the mighty might is on fire and the arrows are flyin true. how to waste the next 12 days?

bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    you all having an early muzzle loader/ bow hunt in maryland this year? ours starts next weekend.

2A forever

Oct 25, 2008
    Sykesville,Carroll Cty.
    No mercy

Always went with a rifle and muzzleloader for deer.

First time out with a bow, always made excuses before , but not this time.

I have a nice little farm next to my house that's been calling my name for years.......Time to answer the call.

- Diamond Rock 60 -70 #

- Summit Goliath tree stand

- Carbon express arrows

- Muzzy 100 grain 3 bladers

- Buck bombs

- Scent killers

- New Real tree camo outfit from head to toe.

- Snort call

- Tinks "69"

Best of luck to all this 2009 season !

mudd4life88

Mar 18, 2009
    Essex, MD
    Hey I picked up a bow the end of last year from a family friend who needed the money. I just added a new fiber optic sight. I need to find some where to get a peep sight put in and set up the sight a little. I'm in the Essex/ Middle River if anyone knows a shop that can help it would be great, thanks. By the way it is a BowTech. Bass Pro Shop told me that they would not work on it because it was a BowTech.

Jim Sr

R.I.P.
    Jun 18, 2005
    Annapolis MD
    Always went with a rifle and muzzleloader for deer.

First time out with a bow, always made excuses before , but not this time.

I have a nice little farm next to my house that's been calling my name for years.......Time to answer the call.

- Diamond Rock 60 -70 #

- Summit Goliath tree stand

- Carbon express arrows

- Muzzy 100 grain 3 bladers

- Buck bombs

- Scent killers

- New Real tree camo outfit from head to toe.

- Snort call

- Tinks "69"

Best of luck to all this 2009 season !
    Don't forget! Fluorescent orange

Fluorescent orange (hunter orange) promotes hunter safety because it is a color not found in nature. Hunters are encouraged to wear it for their protection and the safety of other people whenever hunters are afield. Fluorescent orange must be worn by all people who hunt any wildlife or accompany, aid, or assist a hunter in a field, marsh, wooded area, or on the water.

Whenever hunting, both hunters and companions must wear either:
    A cap of solid daylight fluorescent orange color (worn on the head at all times);

A vest or jacket containing back and front panels of at least 250 square inches of solid fluorescent orange color (worn as outer garment at all times) or;

An outer garment of camouflage fluorescent orange worn above the waist which contains at least 50% fluorescent orange color.

NEW REGULATION: Persons required to wear fluorescent orange that hunt from a ground blind that has four sides, a top, and is placed no more than 4 feet above the ground must display, on or within 25 feet of the blind, a cap of solid daylight fluorescent orange color or a panel, band, strip, or garment containing at least 250 square inches (approximately 16"x16") of solid daylight fluorescent orange color.

NOTE: Bowhunters hunting during the Deer Firearms or Deer Muzzleloader Seasons are required to wear fluorescent orange.

The following persons are exempt from the requirement of wearing fluorescent orange (but are still encouraged to wear it when hunting):
    Property owners who hunt any wildlife on their own property with or without a hunting license (NOTE: children and spouses of property owners are required to wear fluorescent orange according to regulation);

A person who hunts deer with a bow during the season restricted to hunting with a bow;

A person who hunts or accompanies, aids or assists another person hunting the following species: brant, coot, crow, dove, furbearing mammals, rails, snipe, waterfowl, or wild turkey; A person who hunts game birds or mammals using falcons, hawks or owls.
    X

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom