• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    When I was maybe 8, I was allowed to walk outside the back of some of our relatives house and shoot that gun, all by myself. I can still vividly remember my ears ringing for hours.

The recoil was so fierce I'm surprised I held onto it. One shot was enough for me, I've never fired it sense.

By the way, I'm now also something of a safety freak, I wear double hearing protection, most of the time. Thank goodness I have very little loss of hearing.

DeadeyeJack

Supporter of Freedom
    Sep 13, 2009
    Dixie
    It is the 6 1/2" barrel. The muzzle rise is manageable. I was leaning toward a S&W with the full lug, but this one jumped into my hands at A&D (thanks for the demonstration on how to examine a used revolver Gil) The pull is smooth. It got really smooth after I gave it a detailed cleaning. It came with pachmayr grips.
    The ups man left the bullets & dies on the porch today, so I'll load up a bunch to see what kind of groups I can get out of it. Groups may not be that big of a deal with this however. One hit anywhere will do the job. Hog meat this winter!

marko12

Sep 28, 2009
    Maryland, on the Chesapeake Bay
    Took my Ruger Redhawk ,44 to the range and just for the heck of it decided to try the 100 yard target, surprised at how flat it shot. With that heavy bullet it was dead on with a little windage problem. Congrads, excellent pistol.

joppaj

Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    It is the 6 1/2" barrel.

Outstanding choice if this one is going to take hogs. I'd love to take my Super Blackhawk out after them too. The only suggestion I'd make is to look into whether there is a Wolf spring kit available for it. I put Wolf springs in all of my Ruger DA revolvers and the difference is noticable.

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    sweet...and have lots of fun..enjoy .load up some full house loads with a good charge of 2400, a good 260gr projectile, if you don't hit what your aiming at you sure will scare the crap out f it:) I love my Rugers..haven't fired my Smith's yet..

-Rock

DeadeyeJack

Supporter of Freedom
    Sep 13, 2009
    Dixie
    A well placed .22LR is all you need for the largest of hogs.
    I was very surprised first time I witnessed it as a kid. Between the eyes, point blank range, bam!

Bacon for dinner. :-)

This may be, but a 22lr will not loosen the bowels of anyone in the general vicinity. BOOM!

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The first people I tell about new purchases are the antis I know. I take particular pleasure in telling them about suppressors. Can't wait to tell them when I go full auto (when I get the money)............

Congrats on the sweet wheelgun!

boatme99

Ultimate Member
    Jun 22, 2010
    Mid-Tenn.
    Talking about firearms will get one a trip to the internal "security" office. Really. It is policy.

Holy Krapskis!
    Can you talk "shop" with them when you get there?

My break room has three types of "literature" available at all times:
    1. Gun mags. and brochures
    2. Car mags.
    3. Truck mags.
    Oh, and a couple of the younger folks are starting to bring in gamer mags., but they get taken to security. :D

We've even done a few trades at break time.

Had a visiting supervisor recently ask for advice on what to purchase. He ended up with a Sig P229.

I do work for a large international company, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom