• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    That it's Jukar brand, made in Spain (a lot of blackpowder replicas are), .70 cal, and to use blackpowder only.

There is not much to it. Knock down rust with steel wool. Shoot it with .69 caliber musket balls and 2F powder (or an equivalent, like Pyrodex). Put some wadding between the powder and the ball to seal the gases. Fire it either by putting a little pile of powder over the flash hole and lighting it or by sticking a piece of cannon fuse (available at gun shows) in it and lighting. Wipe out the bore with a damp swab between shots to kill any sparks and to remove some fouling to ease loading. Clean it like any blackpowder firearm with warm soapy water, and then oil.

Twanger

DINO and NRA Life
    Mar 4, 2013
    Poolesville
    work up to a hearty load, taking care when upping the powder.
    I have a 50-cal traditions cannon, only 9-inches long, and while it will shoot patched round balls it's just as fun to make a little conical bullet with aluminum foil, stuff that in an old sabot and load her up with maybe 20-30 grains of powder. Nothing more fun than using that to knock down stacked up empty beer cans.

Twistedkarma

peewee club member
    Aug 3, 2013
    Hmm, even tho I run 2F.... Cannon Grade powder only.
    1.720 bore

http://youtu.be/rzi6WEiGyvg

The real way, is to have someone inspect it, There is a place on 40, ? or route 1, south of suquehanna. that does reinactment inspections, and maybe exrays. ? HP White

I would not buy it for big money, for something you want to fire, unless it is inspected.

tailboardtech

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2011
    upperco

Nice try :lol2: little update I got the thing cleaned up. The bore was horrible but it's pretty now with family issues and every thing else I have t had time to cook one off in it yet and Dave it actually sits in the front window at my dads repair shop

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    Nice try :lol2: little update I got the thing cleaned up. The bore was horrible but it's pretty now with family issues and every thing else I have t had time to cook one off in it yet and Dave it actually sits in the front window at my dads repair shop
    Looked like it was in the window of Engage Armaments old location.

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    I keep wanting to buy a 155mm Howitzer for some reason, but not sure if SB281 will aloow...any thoughts? :-) Ammo is probably pretty expensive also....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom