• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Gun Connection sells Windham HBAR rifles, and they are about $900 (if I remember correctly).

Very interesting. I've never heard of them, but they have a model thats peaked my interest.

http://www.windhamweaponry.com/pdf/TechSheets/Windham Weaponry HBC.pdf

It doesn't say what length gas system (I'm assuming carbine based on length of handguards), whether it has T Marks, a chromed chamber (it says barrel, but doesnt mention chamber). Anyone have experience with this company? I'm a little iffy throwing a grand at a company i've never heard of. Any comments on reliability, how they execute their BCG, etc?

Right now its between:

http://www.windhamweaponry.com/pdf/TechSheets/Windham Weaponry HBC.pdf
    http://www.bushmaster.com/catalog_xm15_BCWA3F16.asp
    http://www.colt.com/ColtLawEnforcement/Products/ColtTacticalCarbine.aspx

Let's keep it to those three rifles please. Thank you guys for 3 pages of replies it's been a great help. Now just between these three.

One thing I'm curious about is the difference between colt and everyone else. I do recall they used to use oversized pins but I am pretty sure they stopped that a few years back. As of now, is parts interchangability 100% with other manufacturers like DD and BCM?

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    6721 by far. You pay more for Colt but its worth it, the resale is ALWAYS higher than other brands which is great if you decide to change directions down the road or 30 years from now when its a collectable.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Between those 3 - Pony up and get that Colt. (God, I hate to have to say that with Aquaman around... :lol2:)

Bushmaster - aside from the .450, don't trust them.

Windham - may put out a great weapon to be fair, but I haven't handled/shot one.

cobra

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    White Marsh
    I have a Bushmaster hbar with 20" barrel.
    It has shot every ammo I tryed without a failure.
    Very accurate to boot.fwiw:)

tball

Ultimate Member
    May 20, 2010
    St. Augustine, Florida
    +1 on Bushmaster

I have a Bushmaster hbar with 20" barrel.
    It has shot every ammo I tryed without a failure.
    Very accurate to boot.fwiw:)

+1. I have a Bushmaster Modular flattop with a 16" chrome lined match grade barrel with a 1 x 9 twist. I've only put about 6K rounds through it and so far it eats everything without a problem. I shoot mostly Russian ammo with it.

m33p

Feb 17, 2012
    i just purchased an HBAR bushmaster off of Ed at gun connection. Very happy with it so far.

knightofcydonia

Sep 30, 2011
    new bushmaster (freedomgroup downsized craptory) or the old bushmaster (windham weaponry) rehired all the folks that got canned when freedom group bought it out and seems to have attempted to put out a better rifle..and then there is colt.
    from what i read on here freedom group messed up marlins..if its an old bushy i would say go for it but the lifetime warranty is nice if you dont plan on doing anything crazy to the gun..

stricer555

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Jessup
    I have a Windham Weaponry HBC and I think its a great rifle, over 800 rounds through it without a problem. It does have a carbine length gas system, m4 feed ramps, staking on the gas key is good, and not 100% sure but it does look like the bore is chrome lined also. I wouldn't have a problem if you wanted to meet up one weekend to give it a test drive to see how you like it.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    Have you checked out Fulton Armory?

They can be pricey, especially the M14/M1A; Garands and M1 Carbines but they do deliver on their quality and accuracy.

Www.fulton-armory.com

Fulton Armory upper on a POF lower. I can't remember if it has a Douglas or Kreiger barrel, but it's silly accurate. They matched a bolt up to it for me. $499 back when I bought 6-7 years ago. :rolleyes:

Now they have a side cocking option which I would have gone with for sure if it was available at the time.

21207db2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom