• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • X-Factor

I don't say please
    Jun 2, 2009
    Calvert County
    This Group http://gocss.com/ is taking names! They claim "$1K a week".

Job Info:
    Overview:The CSS USA Emergency Response Team is responsible for supplying personnel and supplies to Disaster Relief sites. CSS USA is a major contractor for the Federal Government, working with state and local municipalities to set up, run, and protect shelters for evacuees. CSS USA staffs thousands for emergency response in various capacities. Once notified of a disaster, CSS USA dispatches ERT personnel and supplies within 24-72 hours.

**Please note that wages are based upon geographic location.

Responsibilities:ERT Security Officers are responsible for guarding and/or patrolling the disaster relief site or any other buildings as specified in the contract. Security officers are to follow all post orders, assist the client, and assist evacuees.

Qualifications:- Must have high school diploma or higher
    - Must be 21 years or older
    - Must be a U. S. citizen
    - Must have clear criminal history
    - Must have reliable transportation to get to and from the work site
    - Must have current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications from either the American Heart Association OR the Red Cross ONLY.
    - Must have firearms training within the last 6 months
    - Must have 3 years experience in military, law enforcement, or security within the last 7 years
    - Must be prepared for immediate deployment

I myself don't have the CPR/AED and First Aid Certifications! Anyone know of a Class being offered for this in or near Hazzard County?

Security for a FEMA camp? Don't think so. ;)

leekl03

Apr 4, 2009
    St. Mary's County
    got a call from dawn wallace today around 2:30pm (1430). saying they still have an opening and asked if i wanted to take it. of course i said yes. i have a medical physical on monday and the pt and pshyco test on thursday. man when i got that e-mail saying i wasn't qualified enough i never thought i would get a call asking if i still wanted a position.

X-Factor

I don't say please
    Jun 2, 2009
    Calvert County
    got a call from dawn wallace today around 2:30pm (1430). saying they still have an opening and asked if i wanted to take it. of course i said yes. i have a medical physical on monday and the pt and pshyco test on thursday. man when i got that e-mail saying i wasn't qualified enough i never thought i would get a call asking if i still wanted a position.

Congrats!

X-Factor

I don't say please
    Jun 2, 2009
    Calvert County
    Shouldn't have to say this, but I will. If you lie on your background or just don't mention something, it WILL come back to haunt you, I promise. Had a rash of that shit lately....

Training is a HARD couple of months, the range is definitely tough too.

leekl03

Apr 4, 2009
    St. Mary's County
    so best bet is to be completely honest on the back ground check. what makes trainging and range tough? if you can talk about it. or you can shoot me a pm if you can talk

X-Factor

I don't say please
    Jun 2, 2009
    Calvert County
    It's a WHOLE new world you're coming to....LOTS to learn. The range is difficult because the courses of fire are intended to be very challenging.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Let us know how it goes, at least as much as you can. As someone who didn't get selected, i'm curious as to what i'm missing. Who knows, I may be glad I didn't make the cut!!! LOL

leekl03

Apr 4, 2009
    St. Mary's County
    just keeping you guys informed on my progress. i have a doctors appointmet tomorrow. if everything goes well, i will be doing my PFT on wednesday. If that goes well, i will be in the class for 16th. i'll keep you posted tomorrow and wednesday to let you guys know how everything is going.

narcolepticsniper

That one guy
    Jul 4, 2009
    Indiana
    I used to work there...I didn't find anything challenging about the process at all.

The range was easy, but I was also top gun of my class. Maybe it was just too easy for me?

oh, and congrats on the job. I know it's hard out there these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom