• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pitpawten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 28, 2013
    Guys we'd like to compile a list of reference info on MD gun laws suitable for creating a reference card to carry in the range bag, vehicle, wallet etc, for the eventual encounter with a less than informed LEO.

I know some of you guys already have them, some more current than others, or have copies of information that may help in building one. I'd like to get some of that info compiled here (if we can all pitch in) to help others in putting one together (maybe spin into an "official" MDS one).

Items we're looking for that you may have:
    1. Attourney General opinions and interpretations (recent or not)
    2. Already compiled/summarized MD gun law cheat-sheets.
    3. MSP interpretations of current gun law.
    4. Specific case precedent (MD) pertaining to gun law.
    5. ATF opinion on MD/NFA interaction.

Items that are already well documented/compiled elsewhere:
    1. Links to MD/ATF code.
    2. Specific breakdowns of SB281
    3. Speculation :D

I know theres a ton thats either up in the air or particularly vague at the moment, but I also know there are a lot of links to AG opinions and other items like that which are floating around in various threads these days, and compiling some of this will help with creating a good "cheat sheet".

Depending on what kind of responses we get I can back-link the info into this first post to make an itemized reference list.

**UPDATE** 03.21.2014 (added mag email)

Here are the items contributed thus far. Please keep them coming, and if you know of any existing repositories or websites of delegates with more, please pass it along.

View attachment Definition of Closed Holster - Assistant Attorney General Email.pdf
    View attachment Loaded Mags in Vehicle - Attorney General Letter.pdf
    View attachment Open Carry of Long Gun - Attorney General Letter.pdf
    View attachment Rights and Duties to Protect and Defend - Attorney General Letter.pdf
    View attachment High Capacity Magazines - Assistant Attourney General Email.pdf

Last edited:

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    It would be nice if we could get such a document drafted by a lawyer. I have a similar document I keep in my camera bag called the photographer's bill of rights.

Lex Armarum

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2009
    I am planning something similar to this; should be online and running in a couple of months. My event horizon is the new year. If you're patient, I'll give you more than you ever thought. In the meantime, I am willing to put together a cheat sheet of sorts for Maryland gun owners and have it ready by Oct. 1. Thoughts?

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I am planning something similar to this; should be online and running in a couple of months. My event horizon is the new year. If you're patient, I'll give you more than you ever thought. In the meantime, I am willing to put together a cheat sheet of sorts for Maryland gun owners and have it ready by Oct. 1. Thoughts?

You're da man!

seawolf823

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Dec 18, 2011
    Timonium

That would be a great idea in my opinion. :thumbsup:

pitpawten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 28, 2013
    Rusty, when Z/28 suggested asking a lawyer for help, I immediately thought of you :)

Still interested to see what info is lurking out the in everyone's personal caches, but I think we'd all love to see what you'd put together!

Awesome! Thank you so much in advance. :thumbsup:

Loaded mags & enclosed holster;

Attachments

• CCF08312013_00000.jpg
      CCF08312013_00000.jpg
      59.8 KB · Views: 412
    • CCF08312013_00002.jpg
      CCF08312013_00002.jpg
      59.2 KB · Views: 419

pitpawten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 28, 2013
    When I get back to my pc I'll get them linked and downloadable in the first post in this thread.

I think we'll keep compiling in this thread for the time being and then one of us will work on making a single printable document.

stupid

Jun 13, 2013
    I just want to be 100% sure that I can buy a bunch of regulated firearms (regardless of number) before Oct 1st and be able to pick them up 30 days apart after oct 1st. I don't have my DC license yet :(

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    As mentioned in the previous thread, I am here to help compile this. My thought right now is that we could do it maybe in a google doc, I use a mac, so I couldn't do it in MS format such as word. Thoughts?

pitpawten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 28, 2013
    There's lots of threads with more detail on this one, but I believe the requirement is a purchase or purchase order before Oct 1.

A slight gotcha with handguns that if you don't take possession before Oct 1 and you don't already have one you will have to take the HQL training class before you can get it.

That being said, I believe the answer to your question of if you can purchase now and pickup post Oct 1 is yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom