• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yingpin

Ultimate Member
    May 31, 2013
    Kingsville, MD
    I know that some of us were in the latest batch of Star B's form J&G and CAI but I thought I would share the one I received today from CAI. I ordered it on Friday afternoon 9/19, missed the delivery yesterday 9/23 and decided to pay $5 for a 2 hour block from UPS for today from 3:15-5:15.

Working from home this afternoon I see the big brown roll up! I had to act like I was not excited and count to 10 before I opened the door....after all, I am a grown ass man:)

Everything looks really great with this pistol and I wanted to share my pics with the only people who I know that care. I am not as well versed as most of you but I learn quicker when I have a specimen to study.

Small Chip in the grip

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    that's a fine looking star!
    work of advice, try to refrain from dry firing it. i've see a few with broken firing pins because of this.

Yingpin

Ultimate Member
    May 31, 2013
    Kingsville, MD
    Abulg - it looks like it is just dirty. I have it taken down and ready to clean when the kids are in bed.

lee -I did a lot of reading this past week on these and read about dry firing so precautions were taken there. Thanks for the advice.

Looking for tips to clean up the grips too!

Jul 1, 2012
    That looks pretty nice. Same basic trend of parkerized finish with the little white sticker on the grip strap. But you got the "good" grips! The "B" and S/N on the butt look like they were engraved later vice the original stamping but don't think that's a big deal one way or the other.

Not that it means much, but the last Star B in a shipment destined for Germany was 260250 (the June shipment that didn't make it). More than likely these guns in the 260's and 270's were originally meant for Germany but of course got held back/diverted elsewhere.

<edit> boo-yah! that was post #1000 for me. I expected something exciting to happen. Not so much....

rdc

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2010
    Middlefingurton
    Picked my up from the Ups depot last night.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411651827.478285.jpg
      ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411651827.478285.jpg
      30.6 KB · Views: 363
    • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411651843.661140.jpg
      ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411651843.661140.jpg
      24.1 KB · Views: 366

G O B

Ultimate Member
    Nov 17, 2007
    Cen TX
    Love my Star B!

This gun has a completely different firing system than a 1911. The firing pin strikes the primer a lot harder, and does a double strike. This was to reliably fire cheap war production primers.
    Do not dry fire without a snap cap in the chamber, and DO NOT carry with the hammer down on a live round.
    Wolff sells springs, but mine came with a 1911 spring with a couple coils cut off. I have never had a problem with it, it eats anything, and unlike some other pistols, it likes both NATO and Comblok rounds. 115 or 224 doesn't seem to matter to it.
    Again that goes back to it's WWII roots, when ammo was produced in large quantities by many suppliers and constancy was second to production.
    Most problems that go with the Star will be magazine related, the B is a rework of the A that was in 9X23, and shares the same mags, therefore the mag is bit long and the feed lips are critical to reliable feeding. With a good mag these are golden.

Mendozaco

Dec 5, 2013
    Rockville, MD
    Yingpin you have very nice speciment. After seeing yours I got a bug again and decided to order second one from J&G last night. My fist one was from Dansammo and this time I'm trying from J&G. Hope mine is as nice as yours.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Yingpin you have very nice speciment. After seeing yours I got a bug again and decided to order second one from J&C last night. My fist one was from Dansammo and this time I'm trying from J&C. Hope mine is as nice as yours.

I think Dan's had Super Bs (that were also not C&R)

Mendozaco

Dec 5, 2013
    Rockville, MD
    I think Dan's had Super Bs (that were also not C&R)

That's right. I ordered my first one 4 months ago when he had some C&R left. I called on Monday and was told that none of C&R were available except for the Super Bs. J&G does have some available and ordered from them last night. They are going to run out soon. Order yours before they are sold out.

These babies are nice and shoot great.

Attachments

• 1411660508744-1.jpg
      1411660508744-1.jpg
      48.7 KB · Views: 403

Hicap

Magazine Clips
    Jun 10, 2012
    After seeing the OP's I had to order one for myself. I ordered mine with hand select, did you guys opt for hand select too?

Yingpin

Ultimate Member
    May 31, 2013
    Kingsville, MD
    After seeing the OP's I had to order one for myself. I ordered mine with hand select, did you guys opt for hand select too?

When I ordered from CAI I don't think that I had the option to Hand Select. If you are ordering from CAI be sure to call them to confirm your order because it will default to $13 for shipping but it really is like $22 or something.

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I know that some of us were in the latest batch of Star B's form J&G and CAI but I thought I would share the one I received today from CAI. I ordered it on Friday afternoon 9/19, missed the delivery yesterday 9/23 and decided to pay $5 for a 2 hour block from UPS for today from 3:15-5:15.

Working from home this afternoon I see the big brown roll up! I had to act like I was not excited and count to 10 before I opened the door....after all, I am a grown ass man:)

Yours is the oldest of the bunch so far.

Hicap

Magazine Clips
    Jun 10, 2012
    When I ordered from CAI I don't think that I had the option to Hand Select. If you are ordering from CAI be sure to call them to confirm your order because it will default to $13 for shipping but it really is like $22 or something.

I ordered from j&g since I couldn't manage to set up an account with CAI.

vfr750f

Feb 2, 2008
    Mine arrived yesterday - just opened.

Attachments

• DSC06408.jpg
      DSC06408.jpg
      84.4 KB · Views: 490
    • DSC06409.jpg
      DSC06409.jpg
      77.2 KB · Views: 496
    • DSC06410.jpg
      DSC06410.jpg