• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LimaVictor

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    Southern MD
    Good lookin' out OP. Been keeping my eyes open for something to put on my Savage 10BA Stealth. New to the long distance game and figured this was a good start! Thanks!

Mr.Blue

Living In A Bizarro World
    Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD
    I have one on my 10/22. I love Cabelas and am starting to love Vortex. Thanks for the heads up. I just added a Vortex on my REPR.

c4snipar

Ultimate Member
    Jul 21, 2014
    Montgomery County, MD
    I'm looking for a decent scope for an AR, 16inch barrel. If I'm shooting 200-400m yards would this be a good choice? Target only as I don't hunt.

The 6-18x is sold out, but they do have the 6-24, I think it will do the job. However, if you are shooting long range, I would spend extra money to get a viper.

Mr.Blue

Living In A Bizarro World
    Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD
    I used to have a cheap scope and a leupold, now all vortex

I just wish they were built in America. That is why I usually try to get Leupold (everything but the glass is made in US for most of their scopes). After dropping all the cash on the REPR and accessories, I didn't feel like dropping $2k+ for a comparable Leupold. I rationalized that Vortex employ people in WI and I lived out there for 4 years. My next optic will be a Leupold or Trijicon and I'll feel better.

c4snipar

Ultimate Member
    Jul 21, 2014
    Montgomery County, MD
    I just wish they were built in America. That is why I usually try to get Leupold (everything but the glass is made in US for most of their scopes). After dropping all the cash on the REPR and accessories, I didn't feel like dropping $2k+ for a comparable Leupold. I rationalized that Vortex employ people in WI and I lived out there for 4 years. My next optic will be a Leupold or Trijicon and I'll feel better.

Personally, I don't care where it's made as long as reasonable price, warranty, customer service, quality and all these vortex has. I do see a lot of products are made here were poorly made but sold at a higher price.

If it was made here, I don't think I can get a 6-18x for $139 lol.

bigdummy30

Feb 2, 2009
    Finksburg,MD
    I got my $20 off $150 expired yesterday and scopes were not on sale yesterday.

Cabelas are not that stupid lol.
    I picked one of these up about a month ago using $20 off $150 AND free shipping. Picked up 2 boxes of hard to find Hornady 22mag and this scope for like $140 shipped. I didn't even need the scope but I couldn't pass it up and it's still in the box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom