• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddtrain

Sep 19, 2012
    Carroll County MD
    This is what the email said.

We are sorry to inform you that your order for .223 REM 55GR MC-400 is being cancelled.

Due to dramatic changes in market conditions, Cabela’s has cancelled backorders for certain high-demand products. As always, it is our goal to deliver the same top-quality products and high level of service you have come to expect from Cabela’s. However, we believe it better to cancel backorders than to present unrealistic expectations to our valued customers.

Please accept our apologies for not being able to fulfill your order and Thank You for being a valued Cabela’s customer!

I only received it for one order though so hopefully they fill the order. They also got a nice response from me.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    ***I would think their costs have gone up so their margins are thin or absent at the old prices. If they honored the old prices for old orders on back order they would lose money - precisely not the thing a business wants to do to remain in business..

It sucks, but things have changed for everyone.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Something is up. Odd also that Cabelas hasn't shown 22LR as even being available for sale on their site for at least a week that I know of. Availability issues for sure, but what ammo supplier pulls 22LR completely off their site? Sounds like they're up to their necks in backorders with select items, and there's a lot more to the story.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I, along with some friends, ordered 2k rounds of XM193 from Brownells back in October sometime. Can't get through to them on the phone, haven't got any e-mail responses.

I've personally spent thousands of $ with them and this is the first time I've ever had an issue. I'm not really that upset, but it would be nice to hear something back...

tm12

Dec 22, 2012
    Yes, we got the same email saying our 400 rounds of Remington 223 ordered in Dec had been cancelled (after having to confirm that we wanted to stay on the list). We also placed a second order for 800 rounds of the same and are still on backorder. That said if the 2/28 date comes and it still isn't in stock, I wouldn't be surprised to have that one cancelled as well. The customer service rep couldn't provide an explaination.

What really annoyed me was that they have had other 223 in stock "first come first served" and yet those who've been waiting are just out of luck. Also, it doesn't appear that they are limiting the amount purchased (like some physical stores). As I recall, the thread posted here letting folks know there was some in stock mentioned that someone on an AR board said they bought more than 10K rounds.

We all understand that things are crazy and that demand is currently greater than supply. We would have been happy to stay on the waitlist for as long as it took. I'm not pleased at all that they just canned our order. Very poor customer service in my opinion.

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    Costs have been on the rise from distributors and manufacturers. Just one example:

http://gunmart.blogspot.com/2011/03/more-on-atk-ammo-price-increase.html

We don't allow backorders for this reason. Many times, the incoming inventory's availability and pricing is completely out of the retailers hands. If they hadn't taken money, then they could still cancel the order. It's a better scenerio than asking the customers with a backorder if they want to pay a higher price, IMO.

For those that send nasty emails back to a retailer....it generally falls on deaf ears, IMO. Most retailers know decisions will upset some customers, but they calculate all decisions before doing them. While it's great they know you are upset with the decision, it's not going to change things.

bigdummy30

Feb 2, 2009
    Finksburg,MD
    i just had to confirm i wanted to keep my order on backorder....we shall see
    when i ordered it ,it said 18-19 weeks from dec. so i was in no hurry for it but i guess its just where we're at...in general they have bee ngreat on all my orders and IF they were the only company doing this id be pissed but its everyone everywhere ...

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Natchez just did the same thing to me yesterday.... Ordered, got confirmation, then the "letter" comes..... This was not a backorder however, just ordered from their site and then ......

Your order has been CANCELLED!!!!!

I have ammo right now, but trying to find opportunities to replenish is driving me crazy...

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    I ordered a "3-Pack" of S&W .40 Shield magazines from Cabela's, in December, for a not-so-bad price. (Competitive.)

I've gotten 3 e-mails stating that the date for arrival (to them) then shipment to me has been pushed back.

Each time, I've e-mailed them and told them to keep the items on backorder, & ship when they arrive.

Sofar, these magazines are still 'on order'.

FHJ69

Mar 13, 2011
    Upper PDRMC
    I received an e-mail from Cabela's this morning saying that if I did not contact customer service via phone or e-mail they would cancel my order within 10 days. Needless to say I fired off an e-mail to tell them to not cancel my order and I also called and spoke to customer service. The lady told me that they are filling the back orders in order of those placed and that hopefully my name was far enough up on the list to be covered in the next delivery. So, I'm still in the pool.

That's all I know and thought I'd share FWIW....

Dec 31, 2012
    Received the 'anticipated arrival' date has changed email today from Cabelas for 22lr. Pushed back by another month but not cancelled yet.

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    I received an e-mail from Cabela's this morning saying that if I did not contact customer service via phone or e-mail they would cancel my order within 10 days. Needless to say I fired off an e-mail to tell them to not cancel my order and I also called and spoke to customer service. The lady told me that they are filling the back orders in order of those placed and that hopefully my name was far enough up on the list to be covered in the next delivery. So, I'm still in the pool.

That's all I know and thought I'd share FWIW....

This is actually what I got today as well. I replied with this;

" would like to remain on back order indefinitely until this item comes in and is shipped to me at the price quoted at the time of purchase please. I know the market for this product is insane, so I do not mind waiting.

Thank you.

Ryan Lowry"

Then Cabelas replied with this;

"Dear Mr Lowry

Thank you for your reply to our email.

We will keep this item on backorder until it becomes available again or until we hear otherwise from you.

We apologize for the delay in receiving this item. We are working to make this item available for shipment as quickly as possible. Once shipped, an email will be sent to you.

If there is anything else that we might be able to assist you with, please let us know.

Sincerely,

Jamie Trenkle"

We shall see...

tm12

Dec 22, 2012
    Well, we just got the 400 rounds of Remington 223 we ordered in Dec from Cabelas. We were initially got an email that said the order was cancelled, but the customer service rep said it was still showing as backordered. We got an email this week saying it was shipping and low and behold it actually came today. We have another order that was also backordered (same brand, bigger box). It will be interesting to see if we get that one soon.

Just wanted to let others who may be waiting on ammo that it looks like they are filling (at least some) of the backorders.

schreib

Stupid Newbie
    Mar 2, 2011
    Rockville, MD
    Well, we just got the 400 rounds of Remington 223 we ordered in Dec from Cabelas. We were initially got an email that said the order was cancelled, but the customer service rep said it was still showing as backordered. We got an email this week saying it was shipping and low and behold it actually came today. We have another order that was also backordered (same brand, bigger box). It will be interesting to see if we get that one soon.

Just wanted to let others who may be waiting on ammo that it looks like they are filling (at least some) of the backorders.

Well shit, if that is true I just ordered 2500 rds of herters from them today so my bank account is really going to be pissed with another 800 rds of Rem UMC coming in. Guess I need to put some up on gun broker for a profit. :innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom