• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MafiaConnected

Mar 25, 2008
    Urbana/Frederick
    Anyone have any input on Cabela's .223 Bulk Ammo? I saw that they have Remington Ultramax 55gr FMJ reloaded ammo for $189 for 500rds with dry box. Was wondering if this is a good deal?

capTIM

Carroll County Drunkard
    Apr 30, 2008
    Sykesville
    Right now, my local walmart has Federal .223 FMJ 55gr for $40 per 100rds. That would total $212 including tax/500rds.

I hope it's decent, I've never shot it before as I just finished putting my AR together. I just pick up a box last night in case I'm forced to return celebration after the election. (According to the Obama campaign, Celebration is code for rioting.)

ShiNNinG

Jul 14, 2008
    White Marsh
    Ammunition To Go has reloaded .223 using milspec brass and Winchester 55gr FMJ bullets, $165 / 500 rds.:

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/catal...-223-drs-55gr-fmj-ammo/cName/223-556-fmj-ammo

AIM has Centurion NEW .223 ammo for $170/500 rds.:

http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/US_.223_55grn_FMJ_Introductory_Offer_.html
    +1

The Centurion is a good deal, i'm about to order another 500, AmmoToGo has it too for the same price. If you order from AmmoToGo get it with an ammo can, it's a cheap add on and is much better than the plastic ones from Cabella's, though a litttle smaller it will still hold 1K rounds of .223. I only order from Cabellas and AmmoToGo, I must have 8 of those freebie cans from Cabellas, they don't seal too well so don't count on them for long term storage, or damp areas.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    I have only shot Centurion and Remington/UMC through my AR, and Centurion seems to be cleaner. BTW, another good choice might be Prvi Partisan M193, available at AIM or Widener's for around the same price, and has a couple hundred FPS velocity advantage over Centurion M193, from the reviews I've read.

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    Right now, Cabela's has Federal Lake City (American Eagle)XM193 800 rd pack with ammo can for $320. That equals out to .40 per round.

Free shipping is stated, but I'd check because of the weight.

Crappy can or not, that is a pretty decent price for Fed. LC ammo.

julyccc

Sep 4, 2008
    Howard County, MD
    Right now, Cabela's has Federal Lake City (American Eagle)XM193 800 rd pack with ammo can for $320. That equals out to .40 per round.

Free shipping is stated, but I'd check because of the weight.

Crappy can or not, that is a pretty decent price for Fed. LC ammo.

I am tempted to order that. do you think they'll have a better price at VA gun show?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom