• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I sent my renewal (license expires Feb 1) in November, when I rec'd a renewal form from BATFE. They cashed my check. The rest was silence.

I called them this afternoon, spoke to a very nice lady. SHe checked up on the situation: yes, my paperwork was rec'd 11/19, check cashed and cleared; so far as ATF was concerned, I'm good to go.

She added that the paperwork was pretty backed up; if I needed authorisation after Feb 1, they could email, fax or snailmail me a letter of authorisation that would extend my current license for 6 months.

I requested a snailmail hard copy. She informed me it would be posted tomorrow.

Pretty good service, in my book. So if youall are hanging on, wondering when, if ever, your paper will arrive, be of good cheer. I don't know that they'll letter you with a first-time application, but the renewal process can be gamed successfully.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    A no-news update. I rec'd my letter of authorisation (LOA) from BATFE, extending my C&R for 6 months, with the possibility of another 6 month extension when the first expires.

This is making me wonder if the Executive Branch has taken some kind of action to slow/halt renewals to accommodate His Excellency.

My tinfoil hat is in the shop for re-blocking and circuitry upgrades, but it does seem odd that they can't get the job done in three months; original renewal was initiated a few weeks post-election.

And yet, new C&Rs seem to be being issued. All very annoying.

a_randy_sewer

Prius-driving-gun-owner
    Nov 18, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    I sent my renewal (license expires Feb 1) in November, when I rec'd a renewal form from BATFE. They cashed my check. The rest was silence.

I called them this afternoon, spoke to a very nice lady. SHe checked up on the situation: yes, my paperwork was rec'd 11/19, check cashed and cleared; so far as ATF was concerned, I'm good to go.

She added that the paperwork was pretty backed up; if I needed authorisation after Feb 1, they could email, fax or snailmail me a letter of authorisation that would extend my current license for 6 months.

I requested a snailmail hard copy. She informed me it would be posted tomorrow.

Pretty good service, in my book. So if youall are hanging on, wondering when, if ever, your paper will arrive, be of good cheer. I don't know that they'll letter you with a first-time application, but the renewal process can be gamed successfully.

I mailed mine 12/31, when is too soon to call and check up on it? ;)

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Renewals are taking up to two or three months this time around. For whatever reason, priority is being given to new applications. Ironically, this means if you let your license expire, you can send in for a new license and get it quickly.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Renewals are taking up to two or three months this time around. For whatever reason, priority is being given to new applications. Ironically, this means if you let your license expire, you can send in for a new license and get it quickly.

And have the ability to legally burn your bound book, spreading the ashes over the place your tragic boating accident took place.

LeadPumper

Jul 20, 2008
    Huh, probably with the 'renewals'- last in line it seems.

Sent mine in early November, still waiting.

-Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom