• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BrewDoc_MD

Piss off, ghost!
    Apr 25, 2012
    Myersville, MD
    So my C&R arrived after 5 weeks. not terrible all things considered! I've read other threads on here about guys mailing C&R license copies to online dealers. I loaded up on stamps already, but is that still the best way to do it? Or do y'all register online with each C&R friendly site now (like AIM, Midway, Brownells, Century International, etc).

For example, AIM looks like they have an online FFL Dealer Registration page I could use:
    https://www.aimsurplus.com/StoreSignup.aspx

If sending snail mail, do I just send it to the "Contact us" address?

Thanks for the pointers! I've already got my eye on a Midway range bag and a Mosin-Nagant. :party29:

Next step, MD Designated Collector!

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    I keep a scan of both a signed and unsigned copy on my computer, for some dealers they will take an e-copy, others may require either a faxed or snail mail copy. So I get it to them how ever they want it. Midway gives dealer discounts for C&R.

Happy shopping and remember to post pics of your new (old) toys.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Most of the biggies accept either a faxed or an email copy.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I keep a scan of both a signed and unsigned copy on my computer, for some dealers they will take an e-copy, others may require either a faxed or snail mail copy. So I get it to them how ever they want it. Midway gives dealer discounts for C&R.

Happy shopping and remember to post pics of your new (old) toys.

:thumbsup: What he said. Somewhere in a C & R thread, I listed all the dealers who will accept an emailed license. Quick and easy! Just make a copy, sign and scan it. Email it to all the dealers who'll accept it and you're good to go!

BrewDoc_MD

Piss off, ghost!
    Apr 25, 2012
    Myersville, MD
    :thumbsup: What he said. Somewhere in a C & R thread, I listed all the dealers who will accept an emailed license. Quick and easy! Just make a copy, sign and scan it. Email it to all the dealers who'll accept it and you're good to go!

Yep, I saw that, Docster. I began emailing them last night and in less than 12 hrs Wideners and Allan's Armory had replied and accepted my scanned and emailed C&R FFL.

BudsGunShop also did, but they only offer pricey Mosin Nagant rifles for C&R. I know they Mosin revolvers, Markov's, TTC's, CZ-82s, etc, but treat them like normal, regulated firearms. whatever.

Czechpoint had a funny blurb in their v52 FAQ, wondering why so many people have recently inundated them with C&R FFLs without ordering anything immediately??? They complain they have no way to simply store and organize these randomly appearing FFLs belonging to strangers. They say they only want C&R FFLs sent 24 hrs before an actual order.

MidwayUSA says they will accept C&R FFLs via email attachments, but you should already have an account with them...it's easier for them to add the C&R FFL to existing accounts. So, add them and Wideners to your email- FFL-friendly vendor list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom