• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SMPress

Apr 24, 2009
    Charles County
    So, I am completelyt unfamiliar with Frederick or its surrounding areas being from Southern Maryland. I am goign to New Market MD tomorrow to help a friend move. Are there any stores in the area that carry C&R pieces that I should check out? I dont want anythign that make me have to drive back out again to pick up at a later date, I can do that much closer to home. I have a C&R, so anything in that time frame would be what I am shoping for. I am not looking for anythign inparticular, just shopping, and buying if somethign peaks my interest, which somethign almost always does...

Thanks
    Andy

Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    I think, for your purposes, C&R status is irrelevant. Non-regulated rifles and shotguns are sold face-to-face, pay and walk out with it. C&R handguns are sold like any other handgun in Maryland, you have to wait minimum 7 days, etc. C&R status and rules for handguns only applies outside the state.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    So, I am completelyt unfamiliar with Frederick or its surrounding areas being from Southern Maryland. I am goign to New Market MD tomorrow to help a friend move. Are there any stores in the area that carry C&R pieces that I should check out? I dont want anythign that make me have to drive back out again to pick up at a later date, I can do that much closer to home. I have a C&R, so anything in that time frame would be what I am shoping for. I am not looking for anythign inparticular, just shopping, and buying if somethign peaks my interest, which somethign almost always does...

Thanks
    Andy

I'd say, your in the wrong region. Frederick is in the capital region of the forum ;)

I actually live in New Market. The one suggestion i'd make it to swing over to Shooters Discount in Mt Airy, its only 15 minutes away. Not sure what he has in the form of C&R stuff though. Otherwisee, i've heard Gun Runners in Frederick is good.

SMPress

Apr 24, 2009
    Charles County
    True enough, I wasnt thinking. I usually buy stuff at the Dulles Show, so was forgetting that if I bought a pistol IN MD, it was a mute point...

Still, the stuff I am mostly interested is older military arms, so the question still stands in a sense, any good shops with older stuff that I can drool on, and maybe purchase while out West for the day?

Andy

SMPress

Apr 24, 2009
    Charles County
    Thanks Brian, I printed off their addresses, and will see what I can work in, depends on how long it talkes to move this guys stuff into storage.

Thanks Again
    Andy

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown

Thanks
    Andy
    PM me I know a place.

SMPress

Apr 24, 2009
    Charles County
    Well, had no problems moving him into storage, but by the time we finished, there was no time for toy shopping.

Mopar, I woudl like to take you up on your offer one day in the not too distant future. I have a friend who is interested, so when we schedule something, hopefully in the next few weeks, I will shoot you a PM to see if you want to meet up and ride out there together. Otherwise I will rely on my GPS and their phone number...

Thanks!
    Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom