• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shershot99

Mar 22, 2010
    Carroll County
    Ok so I haven’t purchased any C&R’s since last year. Under the current state law, if I go to a Maryland gun show and buy a c&r long gun, is the law still that it’s cash and carry with my license or do I need to do a full 4473? Same question for a gun show in PA. Sorry I’ve been out of the loop on this for the last like 8 months. Been dealing with health stuff.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shershot99

Mar 22, 2010
    Carroll County
    Rifles can be transferred in-state on a C&R. Perfectly legal. You're a licensee. Handguns cannot be per State law.

Matt

Thank you. That’s what I was thinking/hoping. Hoping to grab something at the show this weekend and wanted to make sure I don’t inadvertently do something stupid.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I believe that both parties need FFLs to transfer long guns at the show.

There will be a few FFLs to handle transfers as well. Not sure how it would work between unlicensed person and C&R licensee; probably have to work it thru one of the 01 FFLs in attendance.

shershot99

Mar 22, 2010
    Carroll County
    I believe that both parties need FFLs to transfer long guns at the show.

There will be a few FFLs to handle transfers as well. Not sure how it would work between unlicensed person and C&R licensee; probably have to work it thru one of the 01 FFLs in attendance.

Such a shame. Trying to buy a 100 year old bolt action rifle should be cash and carry. This state is a joke anymore.

Jul 1, 2012
    Whoops, I typed this right after SigMatt posted but I guess I didn't hit "Post Reply" :)

You can transfer a C&R long gun within state with another FFL-03 holder since that was specifically carved out in the recent long-gun law - the law's nomenclature escapes me at the moment - but not an unlicensed individual (like some random dude walking around with a rifle for sale). Transferring from a MD dealer is unclear now, technically the FFL-03 isn't meant for in-state transfers, only cross-state, and that law made an exception. A lot of MD dealers used to honor a MD FFL-03 for C&R long guns, but not sure if they do now, maybe someone will chime in (what am I saying, of course someone will, it's MDS LOL). It may be on a case-by-case basis. You're good to go as a MD resident FFL-03, acquiring a C&R long gun or hand gun in PA (or other state) from another FFL of any flavor or an individual as long as it's a legally transferrable firearm in both states (e.g. you can't acquire a C&R eligible SP-1). No 4473 needed if your FFL-03 is accepted.

Either way a C&R firearm acquisition has to be logged, even if you didn't use your license to get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom