• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I assume the delivery truck has a lift gate and they just lower it right down on your driveway? Nothing can go wrong by making assumptions, I know.

It's $100 extra for residential delivery (lift gate/ pallet jack required)

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    It's $100 extra for residential delivery (lift gate/ pallet jack required)

Worth every penny if it's an option. Not all freight companies offer it. Last large freight delivery I had, the driver used a small forklift to put it in my garage.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Worth every penny if it's an option. Not all freight companies offer it. Last large freight delivery I had, the driver used a small forklift to put it in my garage.

It's not even really an option for folks without a forklift or loading dock. This isn't a UPS truck, it's a 50' tractor trailer with over 4'' of deck height.

Guess he could back up and slam the brakes........:eek:

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I know exactly what it is. I've had huge rigs drop off classic cars in front of my house. Some freight companies offer driveway apron delivery, meaning the driver has access to a pallet jack and/or forklift to bring the delivery up your driveway. I've done it several times. The trailer is almost never backed down a driveway.

An important point is that if you live in a tight neighborhood with cars parked in the street, then you might have to pick it up on a nearby street or parking lot, at the driver's discretion, assuming you are home. Otherwise, you'll be picking it up yourself at the shipping depot.

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    how heavy is the full crate?

based on the mosin weight alone thats already 190 pounds, with the bayonets and crate i imagine its more like 300.

i figure i could manage that with one of my brothers to at least get it in the house, then i can empty it before moving it around any further.

i dont think cracking open a case full of rifles out in public would be smart hehe.

sygata

Feb 13, 2012
    I actually was stupid enough about 6 years ago to ask that question during my ATF audit.
    After my failure to explain to the agent during 10 minutes conversation that consecutive numbers had a special meaning to me, and judging by reaction of the agent, I decided not to proceed. :)

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    I actually was stupid enough about 6 years ago to ask that question during my ATF audit.
    After my failure to explain to the agent during 10 minutes conversation that consecutive numbers had a special meaning to me, and judging by reaction of the agent, I decided not to proceed. :)

wow you actually got audited, with a C&R?

thats quite rare.

sygata

Feb 13, 2012
    wow you actually got audited, with a C&R?

thats quite rare.

I am not sure was it coincident or not, but it happened when I sent C&R renewal form for the first time. I sent the form and about 2 weeks later had an audit.

smoothebore

I am not sure was it coincident or not, but it happened when I sent C&R renewal form for the first time. I sent the form and about 2 weeks later had an audit.

I don't know how BATFE figures who to audit. If there are red flags, sure, but if they have time on their hands it just seems to be random. I was audited three months into my first C&R. I only had three guns in the bound book. Who knows, just keep the records up to date.

m40sniper

Jul 12, 2012
    Lexington Park
    was told many years ago up to 11 transfers a year "out" of your records/bound book, you are still a collector, at number 12 ATF considered you a "dealer". Profit or loss was not the issue but the amount of transfers were. That being said once any weapon that was in the "bound book" for a year it (or any number of) could be sold/traded after that as a personal weapon with no other limitations ie., in MD for regulated handguns/assualt weapons or interstate transfers of handguns to non dealers etc.. But times are changing and this may have too!:fingerscrossed:

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    was told many years ago up to 11 transfers a year "out" of your records/bound book, you are still a collector, at number 12 ATF considered you a "dealer". Profit or loss was not the issue but the amount of transfers were. That being said once any weapon that was in the "bound book" for a year it (or any number of) could be sold/traded after that as a personal weapon with no other limitations ie., in MD for regulated handguns/assualt weapons or interstate transfers of handguns to non dealers etc.. But times are changing and this may have too!:fingerscrossed:

Didn't see this in the paperwork they send out when I got my C&R.....

?

nobis1

Aug 5, 2012
    I just spoke with Classic Firearms. My order has been finalized, and I should have it by early next week sometime. After we got done, I jokingly said that a little birdie told me that these crates may have some hex's in them. She replied, "there may be some in there, you never know what you may find."

When I receive it, and will post what I find. Watching the other thread too; I am interested to find what the other crates have in them.

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    I just spoke with Classic Firearms. My order has been finalized, and I should have it by early next week sometime. After we got done, I jokingly said that a little birdie told me that these crates may have some hex's in them. She replied, "there may be some in there, you never know what you may find."

When I receive it, and will post what I find. Watching the other thread too; I am interested to find what the other crates have in them.

noobie comes out the gate a bazing, buying up crates of Mosins...

Maybe ill loose my title as the resident "Mosin Whore" now?

nobis1

Aug 5, 2012
    I drinnk that cool-aid too.

I still need a crate and the wood insides, keep me in mind if you need to ditch the crate.

10-4. Gonna need this one. But, I may pick up a 2nd one down the line, and I may be able to get rid of that crate.

m40sniper

Jul 12, 2012
    Lexington Park
    Didn't see this in the paperwork they send out when I got my C&R.....

?

How long ago did you get your paperwork? The "verbal" info I reffered to was from a phone conversation over 20 yrs ago with the ATF local agent. Haven't been active as a "collector" in almost as many years and as I said times are changing and albeit rarely, sometimes for the better. :thumbsup:

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    How long ago did you get your paperwork? The "verbal" info I reffered to was from a phone conversation over 20 yrs ago with the ATF local agent. Haven't been active as a "collector" in almost as many years and as I said times are changing and albeit rarely, sometimes for the better. :thumbsup:

Last February, they send out a package usually within a few days of sending the actual license.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom