• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grumbler

Jan 27, 2013
    G’day all

Now that I have my hunting license I want to get a few toys to hunt with. I have been to my local store and even tried emails but I think there too busy with AR variants to worry with my simple order.

What I want seems to be readily available online, what is the normal procedure for buying over the interwebs and are there any pitfalls to watch out for? I know you need a FFL, can anyone recommend a good one? I’m not after the cheapest and I don’t mind a bit of a drive (I’m in Montgomery County) just a good one.

Any other advice etc you can give would be great.

Tim

i had done a xfer on a an unrestricted firearm to a FFL. the xfer charge may vary from FFL dealer to FFL dealer but, you should see anywhere from $50 (unrestricted) to $75 (restricted). basically, you check first if the dealer accepts xfers (some don't for whatever reason) then you let them know you want to have the firearm xfered to them. let them know what it is your xfering, have them fax their FFL license to the seller and your done.

when the firearm comes in, they should contact you to do the normal paperwork needed for the background check.

zmayhem

Feb 2, 2012
    I always use The Gun Shop in Essex. A drive from you but $40 total, $30 transfer fee and $10 MSP fee.

Gyokusai

Jan 11, 2013
    Annapolis
    Hi Grumbler. I hear you, many local shops are quite tied up with other paperwork and I've gotten a few to reject taking on any new transfers. If you're in MoCo, I'd highly recommend Engage Armament - great crew and they'll offer a discount for MDS members (check them out in the industry partners section).

Otherwise the process is quite simple, secure the product online, have the FFL of your choice send their information to the online seller, the seller ships it to them (the only legal way to ship firearms is to an FFL holder - the sender themself doesn't need to be one, just the receiver), then the local shop will call you when it's in to do the paperwork.

Hope this helps.

Grumbler

Jan 27, 2013
    Cheers guys.

I'll check out both Engage Armament and The Gun Shop in Essex. Engage is nice and close but I'll me moving up to Aberdeen next years so the gun shop isn't a bad option either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom