• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Side-charging upper sounds nice, but would probably be more of a purchase after I've got a Lage upper or two and a higher stock. Maybe that Practical Solutions upper that has the spring holding the charging handle forward?

I definitely see the point of having two separate uppers, though... swapping uppers at the range is annoying enough, I wouldn't want to deal with trying to reconfigure one on the fly. I'd be all over a MAX-11 that had a dedicated 22lr barrel, that's for sure.

>found an M11/9....for $4700<
    That's a good deal, congrats.
    My thinking is that it's probably market value, or maybe slightly below when you take into account that it's a dealer selling it. Not having to deal with an individual seller is something of a bonus for me, no offense to the awesome people here who have offered to sell theirs to me. I saw a lot of the $5k-$6k ones, but it's not clear to me that they're really selling at that price point. (Except for Mendiola, who appears to be able to sell for significantly higher prices in general.)

Lotta M11A1s and M10s sitting at $5k and not selling. Truth is, if the M11A1 had a working 22lr kit (ie, not Fleming), I would have been much more likely to buy that once the MAX-31K came out.

MACTHEGUN

Aug 18, 2014
    Is the Max-31K a new animal for the M11/9 or are you guys refering to the Max-31A mk2 (for the M11A1)?

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    The K is the designation for the new "Karbine" short versions from Lage. An inch or two shorter on the barrel end. So there could be a Max-11K, -31K, -31AK, etc eventually. There is a thread on uzitalk about them.

MACTHEGUN

Aug 18, 2014
    The K is the designation for the new "Karbine" short versions from Lage. An inch or two shorter on the barrel end. So there could be a Max-11K, -31K, -31AK, etc eventually. There is a thread on uzitalk about them.

I am aware of the new Max-11K (2.25" shorter than the Max-11mk2) but hadn't heard of a "Max-31K" but the concept does sound interesting.

Since my M11/9 is on it's way to Engage, I called to get on the list for the Max-11mk2 yesterday when Jackie mentioned the coming Max-11K. Now I'm going to have to call her back and get on the list for that!

I'll be sure to ask about a Max-31K too.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I don't know why the MAX-11K seems so much more appealing every time I look at it. Kind of reminds me of the Mini-Uzi form factor, perhaps?

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    I don't know why the MAX-11K seems so much more appealing every time I look at it. Kind of reminds me of the Mini-Uzi form factor, perhaps?

I to have to admit it looks pretty good. I wonder what the rate of fire with this design? I wish I had the regular Max-11 in the picture to compare. It kinds of reminds me of the TMP

accessories-17.jpg

Haha, you did not guess the above picture is actually a GI Joe plastic gun did you?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Sent out my money today. It's really happening!!! (!)

If I'm doing the math correctly, it should be in my hot little hands by the end of July, assuming 2 months for the form 3 and 3 months for the form 4.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Sent out my money today. It's really happening!!! (!)

If I'm doing the math correctly, it should be in my hot little hands by the end of July, assuming 2 months for the form 3 and 3 months for the form 4.

I always hoped for a "D" on a test when I was in school. That way if I got a "B" then I was very happy. Where if I hoped for an "A" and got a "B" I would be upset... So hope for August and be happy if it comes earlier!

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I always hoped for a "D" on a test when I was in school. That way if I got a "B" then I was very happy. Where if I hoped for an "A" and got a "B" I would be upset... So hope for August and be happy if it comes earlier!
    You should save that speech for the people who don't already have 14 NFA items. I'm sure it would be news to them. ;)

carpecervisi

Feb 10, 2008
    Frederick, MD
    Just wanted to say that I found this thread very informative since I was following the same path as erwos. I picked up a RPB M11-A1 (from Engage) but am struggling to decide what to do with my M11/9 procurement.

Big thanks to everyone who contributed here.

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom