• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bwags123

Jun 23, 2010
    Parsonsburg
    I know this is probable talked about in here already but I can’t find it. Does anyone have the current bump stock ban bill language. Trying to find out if the binary triggers are in this bill and if there is a grandfather clause.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Hogan has said hes going to sign this bill about 7 times.

However I should point out that this bill is now effectively redundant. No real need for Maryland to ban bump stocks given that the ATF released rules that effectively banned bump stocks and is making people destroy them.

There is a politicly safe path for him to use to veto this bill, which is to simply say it's redundant and the ATF already banned them. This is a waste of Maryland resources. Typical democratic politics.

Democrats will no doubt be livid and try to make it an election issue. Democrats focusing on guns while Hogan focuses on taxes (and the fact that democrats confiscated 75% of the tax cut) is how Hogan won last time. It would be an interesting gambit if he vetoed this. But like I said I wouldn't get your hopes up, he already said he'd sign this about 7 times.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Hogan has said hes going to sign this bill about 7 times.

However I should point out that this bill is now effectively redundant. No real need for Maryland to ban bump stocks given that the ATF released rules that effectively banned bump stocks and is making people destroy them.

There is a politicly safe path for him to use to veto this bill, which is to simply say it's redundant and the ATF already banned them. This is a waste of Maryland resources. Typical democratic politics.

Democrats will no doubt be livid and try to make it an election issue. Democrats focusing on guns while Hogan focuses on taxes (and the fact that democrats confiscated 75% of the tax cut) is how Hogan won last time. It would be an interesting gambit if he vetoed this. But like I said I wouldn't get your hopes up, he already said he'd sign this about 7 times.

It's not redundant, as it covers more than than just the stocks. He'll sign it.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    so, just to double check, if signed we still have till 10-1-19 to play with our toys and see if there will be some sort of way of rectifying them with the atf, unless the feds ban them first?

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Word on the street...

Attachments

• 9584D2EB-5C61-489B-8504-B9095C583C38.jpg
      9584D2EB-5C61-489B-8504-B9095C583C38.jpg
      77.2 KB · Views: 240
    • 81934375-AD01-477B-8021-9B5D5EA07BC8.jpg
      81934375-AD01-477B-8021-9B5D5EA07BC8.jpg
      31.5 KB · Views: 244

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    How many shootings in Maryland involved bump stocks?

I would venture to say the same as trigger devices.

they are not banning them because of shootings or danger to the public, its just to chip away our rights a it at a time until we are sitting in our living rooms scared to death with a bucket full of rocks holding onto our rock chucking qualifying license hoping they don't take that from us.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    awwww look the southern md reps voted no after being caught trading our rights for votes. fvcking traitors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom