• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DROB

member...
    Jul 25, 2011
    North of the MD border...
    I was doing some looking around for some items to keep in my vehicle, kind of a BOB but more of a general use kit for whatever. Per the recommendation I found in another thread here, I checked out zombiehunters.org. One of the items someone listed was a "bump key" and highly recommended it.

I googled it and found that you can buy them, and also that you can make them yourself. Seems like a good skill to know, but also leaves you wondering how easy it would be for someone to break in. I attached a video if you don't know what I'm talking about and want to know.

I guess my question is, is having a bump key a good thing to have and knowing out to use it good skill to have in your back pocket?

Where to buy them...
    http://www.bumpkeyshop.com/Bump-Keys/

and the video of how to make them yourself...
    http://youtu.be/pwTVBWCijEQ

Biggie313

Molon Labe
    Feb 23, 2010
    Essex
    They will only work on a lock made for that key. They sell 60 different kinds there... I think youd be better off with a lock picking set.

Safetech

I open big metal boxes
    May 28, 2011
    Dundock
    If you get a set, (one bump key will only work on locks that that bump key is for so you need more than just one) be careful. You can be arrested and charged with possessing burglary tools.

They do work.

Some people are really good with them. (I suck.) And some locks are much easier to bump than others. It takes practice.

As far as having a set when the SHTF....... I'll have mine with me. (And my picks)
    :innocent0

And keep in mind; thet only work on pin tumbler locks - and not even all of them.

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    ... or RJF's "master key" .... :lol2::lol2: :sad20:

breacher-tfb.jpg

safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    Do you really think it's wise to post burglary tips on this forum???

Last edited:

safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    Commonly taught in most volunteer fire dept training classes
    1) This isn't the fire department. They teach emergency entry tactics on a "need to know" basis - NOT for the general public.

2) This is, for all intents and purposes, a PUBLIC forum. You have no idea who is reading these posts. That being said, it is utterly irresponsible to post such information in a public domain.

chevydave

Sep 24, 2011
    severna park
    safecracker said:
    1) This isn't the fire department. They teach emergency entry tactics on a "need to know" basis - NOT for the general public.

2) This is, for all intents and purposes, a PUBLIC forum. You have no idea who is reading these posts. That being said, it is utterly irresponsible to post such information in a public domain.

Deleted

itsslow98

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2010
    Harford County, MD
    Do you really think it's wise to post burglary tips on this forum???

Where did he say it was for burglary, what about locking your keys in the house or something? Take off the tinfoil hat.

You know some people would see your username "Safecracker" and assume you are a bank robber, might want to change that so the general public doesnt see it. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom