Bullet casting? Could anyone do a clinic for us?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madmattmd

Aug 17, 2006
    The Frozen North
    Thanks for holding the class. Unfortunately, I’m busy tomorrow.

Please let me know if you plan another casting class. I’d love to come (and bring my 9mm mold).

Matt

JSW

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2008
    Bryansville, Pa.
    as a skirmish shooter i can tell you lead has not gone down just the opposite it is now running around 1.75 a lb at most places

trbon8r

Ultimate Member
    as a skirmish shooter i can tell you lead has not gone down just the opposite it is now running around 1.75 a lb at most places

At the time I originally started this thread a month ago, lead had come well off its highs. Over the last 30 days, unfortunately it has started rising again. :sad20:

http://www.kitcometals.com/charts/lead_historical_large.html#5years

The fact remains that lead is still below its highs of late last year. There is no reason for the price of bullets to continue spiraling upward. Bullet manufacturers are testing the market to see how much we are willing to pay.

layusn1

Apr 18, 2008
    Not sure how far away from me, I'm in Jessup, you are but I would make the drive if your still planning on doing it one of these days. I just moved here but I brought all of my reloading/casting gear with me in my vehicle. Brought the important stuff since I won't see the rest of it for 3 months...lol. I have acquired molds, a Lee bottom pour and a Lyman 450, I just need to jump in but would like to see someone do it or work supervised the first time...liquid lead is no joke. Anyway, if you're going to do this or are up for a visitor during one of your casting sessions please let me know. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom