• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • corbex

Feb 24, 2009
    I have some Bushmasters coming in with the bullet button on them. I'm trying to figure out if I just need to replace the Magazine Catch button only or the magazine catch button and the magazine catch. Does anyone know?

Thanks!

corbex

Feb 24, 2009
    just looking at the pictures on the interweb.. may have to replace both.

It's all over the place.. some say just button, some say spring and button, some say spring, button, and catch. I guess I'll just wait and see when I get them.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    It's all over the place.. some say just button, some say spring and button, some say spring, button, and catch. I guess I'll just wait and see when I get them.

just replace both so it will match.. not really expensive (but then again maybe hard to find now.. lol).

corbex

Feb 24, 2009
    just replace both so it will match.. not really expensive (but then again maybe hard to find now.. lol).

Brownells has the button and catch in stock.. but no spring. Off to treasure hunt.. lol.

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    My 6920 from Bass Pro came in the same way a couple days ago. BP is stocking whatever they can find right now. No complaints from me.

I'm still looking for a spring and button in stock. Hadn't found someplace with both yet. Honestly, haven't looked too hard though. Low on the priority list.

Might run up to Bass Pro today. Will let folks know if spring/button is in stock now.

mr phil

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    beach
    I am sorry if this is a dumb question. What is a Bullet Button ?
    Is that the Mag release button ?

corbex

Feb 24, 2009
    I am sorry if this is a dumb question. What is a Bullet Button ?
    Is that the Mag release button ?

Yes, mag release button that you need a sharp pointed item to release it as opposed to just pushing the mag release..

mr phil

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    beach
    I take it we need to relpace them now. I take it this is a line item in the possible new MD laws.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    It is not completely understood whether bullet buttons will be a valid work-around with the new bill. The wording is very unclear.

mr phil

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    beach
    OK I just looked at the proposed Bill .

All I can say is you got to be f----ng kidding me.
    Deep breath.......................................................:banghead:

Ok then Great.

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    My 6920 from Bass Pro came in the same way a couple days ago. BP is stocking whatever they can find right now. No complaints from me.

I'm still looking for a spring and button in stock. Hadn't found someplace with both yet. Honestly, haven't looked too hard though. Low on the priority list.

Might run up to Bass Pro today. Will let folks know if spring/button is in stock now.

None in stock. Guess I'll try calling Colt.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    None in stock. Guess I'll try calling Colt.

I back-ordered the spring and button from Brownells. Took about 10 days to get.
    Colt mag release button
    Colt mag release button spring

I also ordered a bullet-button removal tool from Vamfire. *** That I didn't need. A small flat-head screwdriver does the trick. ***

Now if only my "7 day" :lol2: paperwork would get back from the MSP...

Last edited:

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    I back-ordered the spring and button from Brownells. Took about 10 days to get.
    Colt mag release button
    Colt mag release button spring

I also ordered a bullet-button removal tool from Vamfire (You can save a buck if you don't want the anodized version).
    FreeLock tool

Uhuh, and that's what I get for over-thinking things. Was trying to find everything in stock. Was going to crimp an empty .22 to replace the bullet button tool, blah blah blah.

And while I played evil genius, you have everything at your doorstep!

So, just ordered from all three links...heheh...thanks...

Good luck with MSP, my check ran 20 days...

Last edited:

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD

I got my not-disapproved phone call about an hour after I wrote this.

Took less than a minute to swap out the Bullet-Button for a genuine Colt mag release button and spring.

Only tool I needed was a small flat-head screwdriver to remove the bullet button. I needed a little finger power to push the mag release button against the new spring.

:cool:

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    I got my not-disapproved phone call about an hour after I wrote this.

Took less than a minute to swap out the Bullet-Button for a genuine Colt mag release button and spring.

Only tool I needed was a small flat-head screwdriver to remove the bullet button. I needed a little finger power to push the mag release button against the new spring.

:cool:

Waste of a few dollars...ended up not needing it either...hey, that's life...

Thanks though and good deal that your not-disapproved came through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom