• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tenhoff

Sep 14, 2012
    From what I understand, the AR-15 HBAR is still legal and legal to purchase under 21. But does it change anything if you build it? If I were To buy a lower with a non adjustable stock and an HBAR upper, would it still be considered a full HBAR?

for example

Buying a normal AR lower like this
    354824_01_ar_15_complete_lower_with_a2_s_640.jpg

with an HBAR upper like this
    SAA_HBAR_UPR2__14221_zoom.JPG

sonicnofadz

Jul 24, 2012
    Perry Hall, MD
    Yep you can't just buy a lower by itself unfortunately. You have to buy an entire rifle. Yay Maryland. Get em while you can, hbars will only be around until the next mass shooting involving children, at which point another push for a national or state ban will commence.

Feb 28, 2013
    Here's the problem.

The HBAR is cash & carry. But just the lower WAS regulated, since it's the serialized part of a rifle that in at least one form was to be sold as regulated.

So in order to do that you would have to have had the lower prior to Oct 1st. At this point, you have to buy the whole rifle.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    From what I understand, the AR-15 HBAR is still legal and legal to purchase under 21. But does it change anything if you build it? If I were To buy a lower with a non adjustable stock and an HBAR upper, would it still be considered a full HBAR?

By the letter of the law yes you can but good luck finding a dealer who will work with you.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    You could work thru a Class7 FFL (aka mfg), and it would then be considered as a product of Billy Bobs Gun, and not a (whatever the lowers is marked) assembled by you. Consult your local Class7 for the relative merits of that vs just buying an already existing HBAR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom