• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wizzer368

Zombie Slayer
    Aug 9, 2010
    Eastern shore of MD
    Buds wouldn’t ship a Colt 6920 Magpul to me in Maryland because it came with 30 round mags. Even though my FFL is a class 3 dealer and could take them out. I tried to talk to them and they just wouldn’t budge citing a policy that is not on their website. Allegedly the policy from Bud is they won’t ship guns if how it is packaged is not legal for me the consumer to pick up.
    At first they tried to tell me how the Gun was not legal to own in the state. What a joke!

eddiek2000

Sweet Lemonade!!
    Feb 11, 2008
    Southern Maryland - Chuck Co.
    Had similar problem with J&G. Gun was not on roster, therefore they would not ship to MD. What a joke F'n morons. How the hell can we get them added to the roster, if it was illegal to ship them to MD?

booker

Apr 5, 2008
    Baltimore
    I've noticed that there are several internet retailers who will not ship a firearm to Maryland if it is sold with a magazine that isn't MD compliant (20+ rounds). If you tell them they can KEEP the magazine and just send the gun, they still won't do it.

You might ask if they can create a listing on their website for the gun without any magazines, so you can purchase that specific item and there is a better audit trail for them. Best of luck.

***edit;; there ya go.. glad you were able to make it work.

paulstitz

Jun 19, 2010
    Cockeysville
    A few years ago I bought a WASR from Classic. It was sold with 2 30 rounders. I bought 2 20's to ship with the WASR and had the 30's sent to my brother in PA.

No problem.

PS I visited my brother few weeks later!!

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Yeah, dealing with internet retailers for firearms sales is very hit or miss... that's generally why I like to buy used. Individuals don't seem to mind as much if I tell them to keep the magazine on my dime. :)

CDNN is really the place that drives me nuts: they sometimes get some really rare handguns, and they just flat-out refuse to ship any handguns to Maryland. You can do a two-step through an out-of-state FFL in a pinch, but it's annoying as hell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom