• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • obiii

Jun 2, 2010
    Allegany County, MD
    Hi,
    I've been scouring the internet for a few hours now, trying to find information on a Bryco 9mm pistol, model Jennings Nine. I can not find any reference in the Maryland Approved Handguns roster, nor can I find any information about the possible date of manufacture. My understanding is that semi-auto pistols manufactured prior to 1985 do not have to be on this roster. My main question is, is this pistol legal to register in Maryland? All help will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    OB

WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    There is no mandatory "registration" in Maryland. If it was manufactured prior to '85 then the handgun roster is moot.

Weber

USMC
    Oct 12, 2009
    Elkton, MD
    They are one of the most horrible pistols every made, they should be illegal to purchase in my opinion...

I own one, and if I had to use it to defend my self, I would throw it or hit someone with it before I attempted to shoot with it...

xcavater

Fed Up
    Oct 27, 2008
    MD
    I thought all those Jennings were destroyed.
    My cap guns back in the '70s were made of better metal.

If you were thinking about buying one, don't.
    If you found one, throw it in the deepest hole you can find.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    It is probably considered a Saturday Night Special.

(Also you didn't ask, but you know how people say "it's better than a pointy stick", that's not true in this case. I handled one several years ago in PA that belonged to a friend's Dad, I politely declined to fire it.)

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    i don't know why anyone would want that POS anyway. My buddy had a Jennings and it was total crap.

REF Sat Night Specials.....there are few on the Roster now I'd considered SNS.....ie HiPoints, Cobra and a few others.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    i don't know why anyone would want that POS anyway. My buddy had a Jennings and it was total crap.

REF Sat Night Specials.....there are few on the Roster now I'd considered SNS.....ie HiPoints, Cobra and a few others.

If the board didn't approve some cheap stuff, it would make a lawsuit a slam dunk in our favor against the board.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom