• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mega

Wolverine
    Feb 18, 2009
    Lewes, DE
    I have in my hands my dads Borwning Citori Invector Plus, which I don't know a lot about, but he certainly liked it.

My dad passed a year ago and this gun went to another family member.
    I asked to use it to shoot some sporting clays at Pintail Point, so I have it now.

Don't know a lot about this Browning, but it is a good bit lighter than my Mossberg Silver Reserve.
    This one has a 26" barrel and what is odd is that after you break it, then close it, the trigger only drops the hammer once.
    My Mossberg drops once, then when you pull the trigger a second time, the hammer drops again.

So why doesn't the Browning do the same?

tigmaned

Feb 25, 2007
    Crofton
    slap the butt stock to reset the next trigger to fire the second barrel. take good care of your Dad's gun for him!

Cochise

Ultimate Member
    Sep 5, 2008
    Rockville
    it is called an inertia trigger vs the mechanical trigger on your Mossberg. The Brownings inertia trigger is re-set by recoil.
    The Citori's are great guns

Mega

Wolverine
    Feb 18, 2009
    Lewes, DE
    Well that is pretty interesting...
    So I'm guessing that when I shoot it, a butt stock slap wont be needed? :)

Pulled it out of the safe and it did just what you said.
    Pretty amazing...

Mega

Wolverine
    Feb 18, 2009
    Lewes, DE
    it is called an inertia trigger vs the mechanical trigger on your Mossberg. The Brownings inertia trigger is re-set by recoil.
    The Citori's are great guns

Ah... good to know.
    Yea, pop loved this Browning.
    I hope to break a lot of birds with it and have him smile down on me. :)

trapture

Surplus Rifle Lover
    Apr 27, 2007
    Dundalk-Ish
    I have a older Invector (not plus) field over and under Browning. Is yours belgum or Japanese? I hate people who hate on the Japanese line, I love that gun.

blackthorne

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 31, 2010
    Naptown
    All Citoris are made by Miroku in Japan. Belgian Brownings are called Superposed models. If you put the two side by side, you would see the difference, as the Superposed (new ones) cost 5X the price of a Citori. They are 100% made in Belgium and they do not utilize parts made in other countries (economy of scale).

Your Citori also has a selectable trigger operated on the safety so you can fire either the top or bottom bbl first. It should also have a non automatic safety, so if you hunt with it, make sure that you put the safety back on after firing it.

You have a good solid gun that will need no more than a $2 top lever spring after about 75,000 rounds. Bbls are a little short for sporting, but you might find a set of 30 or 32" bbls at some point.

terryhimself

Oct 19, 2008
    Bel Air
    At the time that Browning switched from Belgian to Japanese production, the shop that I worked for was a Browning warranty station. Our gunsmith was very worried about problems with the quality of japanese. firearms. After seeing and working on several of the newer shotguns he was greatly relieved. He felt that from a quality stand point
    they were as good as ever and he felt the steel used was better.

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    The gun is a good one, although the barrels are a bit short for target work for most people's taste.

I shoot competitive shotgun, and see more Browning Citori/Citori XT's in the area than anything :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom